CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, will present the latest State of the Science Summit™: Gastrointestinal Malignancies on Feb. 8 at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda in Center Bethesda, Maryland, at 5:30 p.m.
The program will feature renowned oncologists who will be joined by program chair, John Marshall, M.D., chief, division of hematology/oncology; MedStar Georgetown University Hospital; professor of medicine and oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University; and director, Otto J. Ruesch Center for the Cure of Gastrointestinal Cancer. Joining Marshall:
- Michael Pishvaian, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor, hematology/oncology; director, Phase I Clinical Trial Program; Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University
- Michael Aaron Morse, M.D., professor of medicine, department of surgery; Duke Cancer Institute, Duke University
- Aiwu He, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor, Georgetown University Medical Center
- Sunnie Kim, M.D., assistant professor, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- Allyson Ocean, M.D., medical oncologist and attending physician in gastrointestinal oncology, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medicine
- Jonathan Strosberg, M.D., associate professor, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Benjamin Weinberg, M.D., assistant professor of medicine, attending physician in gastrointestinal medical oncology and sarcoma, MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center
This three-and-a-half-hour educational event will delve into some of the most pressing issues such as biomarker testing in gastric cancer, sidedness and maintenance strategies in metastatic colorectal cancer and upfront therapy, and the role of immune therapy in hepatobiliary cancer.
State of the Science Summit is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® featuring medical experts from across the nation. Aiming to discuss current treatment options, the summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines that range from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Allison Cooper at ACooper@curetoday.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for Michael J. Hennessy Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. Michael J. Hennessy Associates Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.