DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "PharmaPoint: Alzheimer's Disease - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The overall costs of AD were estimated to reach upwards of $259B in 2017 in the US alone, $175B (68%) of which was paid for by Medicaid or Medicare.
The government spending on AD is expected to rise sharply across the seven major markets (7MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan) due to the aging global population.
During 2016-2026, the growth of the AD market will be driven by the entry of disease-modifying therapies (DMTs), including the passive immunotherapies aducanumab, gantenerumab, and crenezumab, which will have significant uptake in the US, the 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), and Japan. In addition to DMTs, novel symptomatic therapies with innovative mechanisms of action are anticipated to become routinely used in care over the 10-year forecast period.
The major drivers of growth in the AD market in the 7MM over the forecast period include:
- Entry of DMTs, including the passive immunotherapies aducanumab, gantenerumab, and crenezumab, and the beta-secretase (BACE) inhibitors verubecestat and lanabecestat.
- Entry of novel symptomatic therapies such as intepirdine.
- Entry of DMTs targeting presymptomatic AD population: CAD106, CNP520, and JNJ-54861911.
- Rising prevalence of AD and MCI.
- Expanding diagnostic capability.
- Growing social awareness of the disease.
- Alzheimer's Market Forecast to See Double-Digit Sales Growth out to 2026
- Allergan, Biogen, and Roche Are Forecast to Lead the AD Market in 2026
- Lack of Treatments and Biomarkers Remain As Key Unmet Needs in the AD Market
- Opportunities Remain for Disease-Modifying and Symptomatic Drugs Entering the AD Market
- Twenty Promising Drugs in Phase II/III or Phase III of Development
- What Do Physicians Think?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Executive Summary
4 Disease Overview
6 Disease Management
7 Competitive Assessment
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
9 Pipeline Assessment
10 Current and Future Players
11 Market Outlook
- Eli lilly
- Merck & Co.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/srk3s8/pharmapoint_259?w=4