DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "PharmaPoint: Melanoma - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report "PharmaPoint: Melanoma - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2026", provide overview of melanoma, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
It is estimated that the value of the melanoma market in the US, five major European markets (5EU: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), and Australia in 2016 was about $3.3B. This market is defined as sales of the major branded drugs commonly prescribed for melanoma patients across the 7MM. Among these sales, over 65% (over $2B) were generated in the US, with the 5EU representing the next largest region by sales with an estimated 28% (over $900M).
By the end of the forecast period in 2026, melanoma projects sales to rise to about $5.5B in the 7MM, at a modest Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of just over 5%.
In particular, the US melanoma market is expected to grow most rapidly, increasing to over $3.5B (around 70% share) by 2026, at a modest CAGR of 5.8%. Sales in the other regions are expected to increase by the end of the forecast period at CAGRs of around 4% for the 5EU and Australia.
It is expected that the approval of 10 pipeline agents would happen over the forecast period; however, few of these are expected to have a major impact on the overall melanoma market. Of these pipeline agents, Incyte's IDO inhibitor epacadostat represents the sales leader with peak-year sales of $383.4M in 2026.
- Modest Growth in the Melanoma Market Expected from 2016-2026
- Despite Strong Competition, Bristol-Myers Squibb to Remain the Leader of the Checkpoint Immunotherapy and Overall Melanoma Market
- High Unmet Need Remains for Efficacious Treatment Options in BRAF Wild-Type Patients
- High Commercial Opportunity for Adjuvant Treatments that Improve Cure Rates in Early-Stage, Resectable Melanoma Patients
- Innovative Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Combinations Strive for Market Penetration Due to a Crowded Melanoma Market
- Late-Stage Pipeline Agents to Have Limited Impact on the Future Melanoma Landscape
- What Do the Physicians Think?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Executive Summary
4 Disease Overview
6 Disease Management
7 Competitive Assessment
8 Unmet Need and Opportunity
9 Pipeline Assessment
10 Current and Future Players
11 Market Outlook
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Merck & Co
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ph33gb/pharmapoint?w=4