DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "PharmaPoint: Crohn's Disease - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
In 2016, it is estimated that the global CD market was valued at over US$9 billion across the 7MM. By the end of the forecast period in 2026, sales across these markets will have grown steadily to reach almost US$13.5 billion, representing a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of around 3.8% over the 10-year timeframe, which includes six new market entrants and the launch of biosimilars.
Major growth drivers in the CD market over the forecast period include:
- The anticipated launches of interleukin (IL) inhibitors and anti-integrin therapies, including AbbVie's risankizumab, Genentech's etrolizumab, and Takeda's subcutaneous Entyvio (Entyvio SC), as well as Galapagos/Gilead's filgotinib, Celgene's mongersen sodium, and Shire's SHP-647, will provide more treatment options for physicians to choose from.
- The number of diagnosed prevalent CD cases will increase to over 1.8 million in 2026 at an annual growth rate (AGR) of 2.3%. Total treated cases will grow to almost 1.2 million at an AGR of 2.3% during the 10-year period of 2016-2026.
- Strong uptake of J&J's IL-12/23 inhibitor Stelarawill continue, generating sales of about US$1.2 billion across the 7MM in 2026.
- The high unmet need for improved medical management of perianal fistulas presents an untapped market opportunity.
- Launch of Non-Anti-TNF Therapies Will Fuel CD Market Growth to 2026
- R&D and Corporate Strategies Will Be Focused on the Competitive Biologics Space
- A Number of Clinical Unmet Needs Exist in the CD Treatment Realm
- Treatments for the Management of Perianal Fistulas Remain Elusive
- Novel Biologics and Biosimilars Will Reshape the CD Competitive Landscape
- What Do Physicians Think?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Executive Summary
4 Disease Overview
6 Disease Management
7 Competitive Assessment
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
9 Pipeline Assessment
10 Current and Future Players
11 Market Outlook
- Johnson & Johnson
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fc8c8f/crohns_disease?w=4