DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "PharmaPoint: Migraine - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
It is estimated that pharmaceutical sales in the migraine market were approximately US$3.3 Billion throughout the 7MM in 2016. The US contributed to over 70% of these sales, generating about US$2.3 billon, driven mainly by the sale of triptans (around US$1.5 Billion) and Botox (almost US$0.5 Billion). The only triptan to remain patented in the US in 2016 was Pfizer's Relpax, which consequently is the highest-selling brand within this class.
Global migraine sales are expected to grow to around US$8.5 Billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of over 10%. The growth will be driven by the launch of several late-stage pipeline products, particularly the calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) erenumab, galcanezumab, fremanezumab, and eptinezumab, developed by Amgen, Eli Lilly, Teva, and Alder respectively.
The major drivers of growth in the migraine market during the forecast period include:
- The launch and uptake of Eli Lilly's lasmiditan and Allergan's ubrogepant, which have novel mechanisms that satisfy unmet needs in the acute treatment market.
- The launch and uptake of Amgen's erenumab, Eli Lilly's galcanezumab, Teva's fremanezumab, Alder's eptinezumab, and Allergan's atogepant, which are the first migraine-specific prophylactic treatments.
- The high annual cost of therapy for mAbs, which will mean they will generate high sales.
- A rising prevalence of migraine in the 7MM throughout the forecast period, which will lead to an increase in the diagnosed and treated population and will drive sales.
- Migraine Market Will Grow to $8.7 Billion by 2026
- Companies Often Target the Underserved Migraine Population
- Current Treatments Leave Major Unmet Needs in the Migraine Market
- Market Opportunities for New Entrants
- Late-Stage Pipeline Drugs Will Be a Key Driver in the Migraine Market
- What Do Physicians Think?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Migraine: Executive Summary
4 Disease Overview
6 Disease Management
7 Competitive Assessment
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
9 Pipeline Assessment
10 Current and Future Players
11 Market Outlook
- Merck & Co.
- Eli Lilly
- Alder Biopharmaceuticals
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sglq4n/3_3_bn_migraine?w=4