DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "OpportunityAnalyzer: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2026" drug pipelines has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) market has generated much interest and investment from drug developers over the past several years, despite PAH being a rare disease. Current treatments include 13 marketed drugs from five different therapeutics classes, while there are four drugs in late-stage development. The forecast period from 2016-2026 will be marked by the patent expirations of several of these marketed drugs, including Volibris/Letairis, Opsumit, Adcirca, Adempas, Remodulin, Tyvaso, and Uptravi.
It is estimated that the 2016 sales for the pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) market was approximately $3.8B across the 7MM, encompassing the US, the five major European countries (5EU: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), and Japan. By 2026, it is expected that the overall market will grow at a moderate compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.2% over the 10-year period.
Major drivers to this growth in the PAH market during the forecast period will include:
- Increased use of combination therapy following the positive outcomes from recent clinical trials will boost PAH sales due to higher treatment costs of drug combinations.
- Launch of Reata Pharmaceuticals' first-in-class antioxidant inflammation modulator, bardoxolone methyl, will provide an effective oral therapy for PAH patients with the potential of being used in combination with other therapies.
- Patient assistance programs by manufacturers will provide reimbursement support to the patients.
- Launch of Arena Pharmaceuticals' pipeline drug, ralinepag, will provide an effective oral alternative to parenteral prostacyclin therapy.
- PAH Market Will Exhibit Moderate Growth Between 2016 and 2026
- Upfront and Sequential Dual and Triple Combination Therapies and Launch of Bardoxolone Methyl Will Fuel Market Growth
- Bardoxolone Methyl Has the Potential to Become a Blockbuster Therapy and Fulfill an Unmet Need
- Reformulation of Existing Drugs Will Continue to Dominate the PAH Pipeline
- What Do Physicians Think?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Executive Summary
4 Disease Overview
6 Current Treatment Options
7 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
8 R&D Strategies
9 Pipeline Assessment
10 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
- Actelion Pharmaceuticals (now key subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson)
- Arena Pharmaceuticals Bayer
- Eiger BioPharmaceuticals
- Eli Lilly
- Mochida Pharmaceutical
- Nippon Shinyaku Co. Ltd.
- Pluristem Therapeutics
- Reata Pharmaceuticals
- SteadyMed Therapeutics
- Suda Ltd.
- United Therapeutics
- Vivus Inc
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lq4fdc/opportunityanalyze?w=4