DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Minor Orthopedic Implants Replacement Market 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider information technology market, and compares it with other markets.
Around sixteen generic companies have entered the orthopedic replacement implants market in US, including Orthosolutions, Covenant orthopedics, Ortho direct USA, and Emerge Medical. With expiry of patents for implants, these generic companies are making copies of legacy implants with proven designs and biomaterials. These generic orthopedic implant companies' offers less price compared to branded implants. The pricing structure of these generic companies in a big threat for the big orthopedic devices manufacturers. Even though the big orthopedic manufacturers fight with these generic ortho manufacturing companies, the generic implants trend will not stop.
Key Market Drivers:
- Increasing Arthritis Population - The arthritis population of (around) 55 million adults in 2013-15 increases to over 78 million by 2040. Of these 78 million adults around 35 million adults will report arthritis-based activity limitations. The elders in US with advanced stage arthritis are opting for joint replacement surgeries to alleviate the pain, and to restore the joint movement. This high prevalence of arthritis drives the market. Joint replacement surgeries are not suggested for young people because of the shelf life of the implants which only lasts, in case of minor joints for 10-15 years.
- Increasing Awareness toward Replacement Surgeries - Growing awareness of orthopedic replacement surgeries, coupled with technological advances, such as superior design of implants, advanced surgical methods helps arthritis affected people to undergo these surgical procedures which were not prominent in the past.
- Markets covered: Shoulder Replacement Implants, Wrist Replacement Implants, Elbow Replacement Implants, Foot & Ankle Replacement Implants.
- Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
- Covenant Orthopedics
- DePuy Synthes
- Emerge Medical
- Ortho Direct USA
- Smith & Nephew
- Wright Tornier
- Zimmer Biomet
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/48lz76/global_minor?w=4