OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A.M. Best and the Insurance Careers Movement organization will host an industry leaders’ town hall in which insurance leaders from around the world will discuss their challenges and opportunities in addressing the looming talent shortage faced by the industry. The special broadcast is set for Thursday, Feb. 1, 2018, at Noon-1 p.m. (EST), which is the kickoff to the third annual Insurance Careers Month. Register for the broadcast at http://www.ambest.com/webinars/icm18.
Insurance organizations in coming years are projected to lose employees to retirement at a higher rate than young professionals will join the industry. As innovation continues to flourish in insurance, the industry also needs people with different skills such as emerging technology, analytic techniques and data governance.
A series of individual interviews, panel discussions and question and answer sessions will focus on the types of people needed, how to engage millennials, how insurers are encouraging greater diversity, how some of today's most prominent insurance leaders got their start and what they advise, and on how the insurance industry is responding. Executives will also rally insurance millennials to tell their stories outside the industry.
Below are the industry leaders participating in the Chief Executive Officer/Executive Town Hall. For a short video of each executive imparting advice on career planning, please click on the link after each name:
- Matt Mosher, executive vice president and chief operating officer, A.M. Best: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=icmamosher218;
- Pina Albo, chief executive officer, Hamilton Insurance Group: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=icmaalbo218;
- Inga Beale, chief executive officer, Lloyd’s: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=icmabeale218;
- Brian Duperreault, president & chief executive officer, American International Group, Inc.: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=icmaduperreault218;
- Noelle Codispoti, executive director, Gama Iota Sigma: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=icmacodispoti218;
- Dan Glaser, president and chief executive officer, Marsh & McLennan Cos.: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=icmaglaser218;
- Greg Jacobson, co-chief executive officer, The Jacobson Group: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=icmajacobson218;
- Sean Kevelighan, president and chief executive officer, Insurance Information Institute: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=icmakevelighan218;
- Kirstin Marr, chief marketing officer, Valen Analytics: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=icmamarr218;
- Bill Ross, chief executive officer, Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=icmaross218; and
- Andy Breen, senior vice president, digital, Argo: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=icmabreen218.
Attendees can submit questions during registration or by emailing email@example.com. The event will be streamed in video and audio formats, and playback will be available to registered viewers shortly after the event. For more information, please call +1 908 439 2200, ext. 5561, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow more about the event and other information related to Insurance Careers Month on Twitter by using the hashtag #InsuranceCareersMovement.
The Insurance Careers Movement is a grassroots initiative involving more than 850 insurance-related organizations that seeks to inspire young people to choose insurance as a career.
A.M. Best is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2018 by A.M. Best Company, Inc and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.