DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Investment Research Unbundling: Implications for the Sell-Side" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Based on Q1 and Q2 2017 interviews with global and regional investment managers, brokers, investment research providers, and vendors, this report looks at the latest call for unbundling in the European Union and its repercussions in the investment research industry and across sell-side firms.
Among the raft of legislative standards set out under the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) is a call for a clear demarcation between the purchase of research and related services and of trade execution. Investment research has traditionally been seen as a cost center for brokers, often given away to generate trade commissions. So how will global brokers adjust their business models in preparation for unbundling?
The geographic impact of MiFID II unbundling will extend well beyond the European Union, as global investment managers look to streamline their research and business operations into a consistent model across regions. Even regional investment managers that are not covered by MiFID may feel commercial and competitive pressures to comply and be compelled to adopt new best-practice standards. Sell-side firms will need to be able to offer a well-coordinated unbundling strategy for every region in which they operate.
Key Topics Covered:
- Impact Points
- The Backdrop: Marketplace Themes
- MiFID II Banning of Trade Inducements and Industry Implications
- Scope of Unbundling Rules and Requirements
- Changing Research Procurement
- Investment Research Industry of the Future
- Demystifying Research Payment Methods: the Good and the Bad
- Paying Research Out of Investment Managers' Profit and Loss (P&L)
- The Transactional Method (Enhanced CSA Model)
- The Accounting Method (Swedish Model)
- What Payment Methods Will Buy-Side Firms Choose?
- Unbundling Chat With the Sell-Side
- Impacts of Unbundling: Not an EU-Only Issue
- Rethinking Research as Revenue-Generating Business: Aligning Resources to Need
- Research Pricing: Key Pain Point to Tackle
- Ensuring Compliance and Controls: A New Paradigm
- Technology and Service Providers: Get All the Help
- 7Park Data
- Cowen Convergex
- Eagle Alpha
- IHS Markit
- Market Prophit
- Premise Data
- Research Tree
- Substantive Research
- Thomson Reuters
- Visible Alpha ONEaccess
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vmf6kz/investment?w=4