Global utilities market briefing report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the utilities market in 2017, accounting for around 39% market share. This was mainly due to presence to a large number of households and industries in Asian countries such as China, India and Japan.
Eastern Europe was the smallest region accounting for less than 2.5% market share. This was due to small market size, unfavorable national policies, political influence on pricing and lack of political support for renewables.
One of the major trends shaping the utilities market include energy storage in batteries. Electric power generation companies are increasingly using batteries to store solar energy during daylight hours. These energy-storage sites consist of large lithium-ion batteries. These batteries store enough energy to serve as a back-up in case of fuel shortages. They are designed to absorb solar power and feed it back to the grid.
- Markets Covered: Generation, Transmission, and Distribution, Natural Gas Distribution, Water and Sewage Crude Oil & Natural Gas and Drilling Oil and Gas Wells
- Time Series: Five years historic (2013-17) and forecast (2017-21).
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- Électricité de France
- Duke Energy
- National Grid
- Southern Company
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lwswwj/global_utilities?w=4