DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Cardiovascular Devices Market Global Briefing 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Global Cardiovascular Devices Market Briefing 2018 provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global cardiovascular devices market.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the cardiovascular devices market in 2017, accounting for around 32% market share. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 32% market share. Africa was the smallest region accounting for around 3% market share.
Companies in the market are focusing on R&D. Areas of development include pacemakers, coronary stents, angioplasty products and implantable cardiac defibrillators. for instance, introduction of bio absorbable vascular stents in percutaneous coronary interventions is promising. in July 2016, the FDA approved the first fully absorbable stent, Absorb GT1 BVS manufactured by Abbott Vascular for coronary artery disease. It offers a new treatment option for patients undergoing angioplasty and opting for absorbable devices instead of metallic stents.
In April 2016, FDA approved the world's first leadless pacemaker, Micra Transcatheter Pacemaker System to treat heart rhythm disorders, which is manufactured by Medtronic Plc. This pacemaker can deliver percutaneously directly into the right ventricle through a minimally invasive approach, and does not require the use of wired leads in providing electrical connection between heart and pulse-generating devices.
- Markets Covered: Cardiovascular Surgery Devices, Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) Devices, Interventional Cardiology Devices, Defibrillator Devices, Peripheral Vascular Devices, Prosthetic Heart Valve Device, Electrophysiology Devices, and Cardiac Assist Devices
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- Medtronic plc
- St. Jude Medical
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Cardinal Health
- Abbott Laboratories
- Terumo Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Edwards Lifesciences
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- C.R. Bard Inc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h36r23/global?w=4