DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Prebiotic Ingredients Market by Type (Oligosaccharides, Inulin, and Polydextrose), Application (Food & Beverages, Dietary Supplements, and Animal Feed), Source (Roots, Grains, and Vegetables), and Region - Global Forecast to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global prebiotic ingredients market is estimated to be valued at USD 4.07 Billion in 2017; it is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.4%, to reach USD 7.37 Billion by 2023.
Factors such as an increase in the adoption of healthy diets, a wide range of application in the food & beverage industry, and multifunctional nature of prebiotic ingredients are driving their market.
Europe accounted for the largest share of the prebiotic ingredients market in 2016. This growth is mainly due to the ban on antibiotic growth promoters, imposed by the European Union, back in 2006. Since then, prebiotics have been majorly used by feed manufacturers in additives for animal growth and nutrition.
The major restraining factor for the prebiotic ingredients market is low awareness regarding the difference between probiotic and prebiotic ingredients, and high manufacturing and R&D costs.
Companies such as BENEO (Germany), Cargill (US), DuPont (US), and FrieslandCampina (Netherlands) have acquired a leading market position through the provision of an expansion and broad product portfolio, along with a focus on diverse end-user segments. They are also focused on innovations and are geographically diversified.
- The Rising Trend for a Healthy Diet
- Prebiotic Ingredients Act as Multifunctional Ingredients
- A Wide Range of Applications in the Food & Beverage Industry
- High Manufacturing and R&D Cost
- Stringent Trade Regulations
- Rapid Increase in the Number of Research Activities for Various Applications of Prebiotics
- Growth in the Demand for Prebiotic Ingredients in China, India, and Brazil
- Low Awareness Regarding the Difference Between Probiotic and Prebiotic
- Beghin Meiji
- Kerry Group
- Royal Cosun
- Samyang Genex
- Yakult Pharmaceutical
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qmbf2x/global_7_37?w=4