The global liquid biopsy market is projected to cross the US$ 5 Billion mark by the end of 2023.
With constant advancements in medical field in respect of technology and treatments, cancer tests have become more personalised and advanced. A similar boom is underway to speed up and improve the detection of cancers, known as Liquid Biopsy, an emerging group of technologies which holds the promise to revolutionize cancer diagnostics and treatment. Its wide applicability has sparked off a lot of interest among researchers and commercial players.
A number of factors such as growing public and private funding to support research activities in the field of liquid biopsy, rising preference by oncologists for liquid biopsy, growing number of product launches to support development and increasing adoption of personalised medicine is driving the growth of this market.
In this report, a major focus has been on the development of innovative products based on different application, technology and different sample types. In this context, the study provides present and future outlooks for the two broad categories of liquid biopsy market; by analyte and by sample type. The former comprises of the three marker categories that dominate liquid biopsy today: circulating tumor cells (CTCs), circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA), and extracellular vesicles (or exosomes).
On the other hand, the latter includes the two major bodily fluid samples: blood and urine. According to report, blood is the most widely used sample type and is expected to remain the largest market based on sample type in the coming years as well.
Key players include QIAGEN NV, Roche Diagnostics, Foundation Medicine, Trovagene, Guardant Health, and Biocept.
- High Prevalence of Cancer
- Technological Advancements in Personalized Therapies
- Increasing Demand for Minimally Invasive Biopsy Techniques
- Low Cost
- Growing Interest of Venture Capital Firms
- A Less-Defined Regulatory Environment
- Comparatively Low Concentration of Molecular Biomarkers in Body Fluids
- Need for Proper Handling and Storage of the Samples
- Use of Urine Sample May Witness a Paradigm Shift in Screening and Monitoring Practices
- Exosomes Offer Great Advantages as Source Materials
- Next-Generation Sequencing Offers Significant Opportunity
- Prenatal Screening and Organ Transplantation: Upcoming Applications
- Circulating Tumor Cells: Gaining Potential in Liquid Biopsy
- Blood: The Most Widely Used Sample
Key Topics Covered:
1. Analyst View
2. Research Methodology
3. Liquid Biopsy: An Introduction
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global Liquid Biopsy Market Outlook to 2023
6. Commercially Developed Liquid Biopsy Tests
7. Global Liquid Biopsy Market Size by Technology
8. Global Liquid Biopsy Market Size by Sample Type
9. Global Liquid Biopsy Market Size by Geography
10. Pipeline Analysis
11. Key Player Analysis
12. The Future of Liquid Biopsy
- ANGLE plc
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Biocept, Inc.
- Clearbridge BioMedics Pte Ltd
- Cynvenio Biosystems, Inc.
- Exosome Diagnostics, Inc.
- Foundation Medicine, Inc.
- Genomic Health
- Guardant Health, Inc.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- Pathway Genomics
- Personal Genome Diagnostics
- QIAGEN NV
- RainDance Technologies
- Roche Diagnostics (A Subsidiary of F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Trovagene, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x7klt4/global_liquid?w=4