The dairy market comprises establishments involved in one or more of the following: manufacturing dairy products from raw milk and/or processed milk products; manufacturing dry, condensed, concentrated and evaporated dairy, and producing some dairy substitute products.
The dairy market includes the following i) Fluid Milk Manufacturing ii) Creamery Butter Manufacturing iii) Cheese Manufacturing iv) Dry, Condensed, and Evaporated Dairy Product Manufacturing v) Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Manufacturing
The global dairy market was estimated to be around $635 billion as of 2017. The global dairy made up around 11% of the overall food and beverages market in 2017. The dairy market was the third largest market in the global food and beverages market in 2017.
The increasing incidence of lactose intolerance has led to a rise in demand for lactose free dairy products. Lactose intolerance is characterized as the inability to digest lactose, a disaccharide sugar composed of galactose and glucose found in milk. Lactose-free dairy products contain small amounts of an enzyme called lactase that help digest lactose.
- Markets Covered: Milk and Butter, Cheese, Dry, Condensed, and Evaporated Dairy Product, Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert
- Time Series: Five years historic (2013-17) and forecast (2017-21).
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- Nestle SA
- Dairy Farmers of America
- Fonterra Group Cooperative Limited
- Arla Foods
- Yili Group
- Saputo Inc.
- Dean Foods
- Agropur Cooperative
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/54qcjv/global_dairy?w=4