DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Digital Grid - Capitalizing on Opportunities with Blockchain Technology" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The study on Blockchains takes an in-depth look at the addressable market for its existing applications along with emerging energy applications. The energy sector has seen significant changes over the past few decades across verticals such as generation, distribution, storage, and consumption. It continues to transition from fossil-fuel based centralized generation to renewable and distributed generation.
There is a also a shift from centrally-owned and -operated power generation to small-scale commercial generation and 'prosumers', whose power flows are bidirectional. Both these forces combine to create significant challenges for the electricity grid's design, with legacy infrastructure struggling to offer the required flexibility.
A key trend influencing the uptake of Blockchain-related services in the US is the high rate of advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) adoption. States with high penetration of residential AMI meters are more likely to engage in peer-to-peer (P2P) energy transactions and adopt Blockchain platforms to execute them. Of the states with the highest AMI penetration, California and Georgia have the most number of distributed solar PV installations in the country. This makes them the most probabale adopters of Blockchain technology for P2P energy transactions.
Blockchain can also serve as a back-end platform for utilities to track and execute the following transactive energy applications:
- Billing platform for retail sales and net metering
- Platform for P2P trading and renewable energy certification
- International energy trading
- Electric vehicle and Vehicle-to-Grid
- Customer management
- Key Issues Addressed
Blockchain can provide disruptive technology solutions to address the following requirements
- Data coordination between a range of grid and behind-the-meter assets
- A secure automated trading platform
- Open access for innovative products and services.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Summary Of Findings
3. Addressable Market - Blockchain Energy Market
4. Mega Trends - Trends Influencing Blockchain Adoption
5. Companies To Watch - Blockchain For Energy
6. Case Study - Brooklyn Micro Grid
7. Growth Opportunities - Emerging Growth Opportunities For Blockchain
8. The Last Word
- Center Point
- Con Edison
- Duke Energy
- Florida Power & Light
- National Grid
- Southern California Edison
- Southern Company
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z25njj/digital_grid?w=4