BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A former Vatican ambassador and former mayor of Boston will be speaking at a free film screening of a new documentary film “Big Sacrifices, Big Dreams: Ending America’s Bigoted Education Laws,” which traces the ordeals of four families who struggle to send their children to religiously rooted schools.
- A free documentary film screening and panel discussion
- Jim Stergios, executive director of the Pioneer Institute
- Kathy Mears, superintendent of schools for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Raymond Flynn, former ambassador to the Vatican and former mayor of Boston
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 23
- CSJ Center at Fontbonne Academy, 930 Brook Rd., Milton.
Held every January, National School Choice Week is an independent public awareness effort designed to shine a positive spotlight on effective education options for every child. Through thousands of independently planned events across the country, National School Choice Week raises public awareness of all types of educational choices available to children. These options include traditional public schools, public charter schools, public magnet schools, online learning, private schools, and homeschooling.