REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- LOST SPHEAR – The adventure of LOST SPHEAR begins in a remote town of Elgarthe, where a young boy, Kanata, awakens from a devastating dream to find his hometown disappearing. To stop the world from disappearing forever, Kanata and his comrades set out to rebuild the world, mustering different Memory and crafting the world around them. The LOST SPHEAR game launches on Jan. 23.
- Darkest Dungeon – Darkest Dungeon is a challenging, gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring. Recruit, train and lead a team of flawed heroes against unimaginable horrors, stress, famine, disease and the ever-encroaching dark. Can you keep your heroes together when all hope is lost?
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Kirby Battle Royale – Kirby is entering a tournament against his toughest rival yet … himself! One to four players can fight in local or online battles (additional games and accessories required; sold separately). Pick from more than 10 abilities and 10 battle types to compete in countless matchups. Hoard treasure in Ore Express, knock out opponents in Slam Hockey and shoot missiles in Robo Bonkers. There’s a single-player story mode, too! The Kirby Battle Royale game launches on Jan. 19. A free demo version of the game is available now for download in Nintendo eShop. Game in 2D.
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass DLC – If you purchased the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass, new content is available at 9:00 p.m. PT!
- Expansion Pass: New Quests Pack 1
- Passion of the Artisan (Quest available in Chapter 2)
- M.I.A. Nopon (Quest available in Chapter 3)
- Industrial Sort of Tour (Quest available in Chapter 5)
- Midnight Feasting (Quest available in Chapter 7)
- The Lone Watchman (Quest available in Chapter 10)
- Expansion Pass: Helpful Items Pack 3
- Driver Essentials Set 2: Rare Core Crystal x10, Legendary Core Crystal x1, Overdrive Protocol x1
- Tora’s Favorite Thing: Juicy Samod x3
- Poppi α’s Favorite Thing: Fizz Juice x3
- Charming Driver Gear: Auto-Balancer x1
Buy the Expansion Pass to gain access to new content, including the above packs and a new story in Fall 2018! To learn more, visit the official Xenoblade Chronicles 2 site.
Also new this week:
- Ambition of the Slimes (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- ACA NEOGEO Power Spikes II (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Arcade Archives DOUBLE DRAGON (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Baseball Riot (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Jan. 19
- ChromaGun (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Jan. 22
- Qbik (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Implosion – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- League of Evil – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Nuclien (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Jan. 19
- Oh...Sir! The Hollywood Roast (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Shu (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Jan. 23
- Vesta (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available Jan. 19
- World to the West (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Link-a-Pix Color (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Raining Coins (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.