FORT WORTH, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BNSF Railway Company (BNSF Railway) announced today that it has notified the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) of its intention to voluntarily withdraw the listing and terminate registration under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 of the following debt securities:
- Consolidated Mortgage 6.55% Bonds, Series K, due 2020;
- Consolidated Mortgage 3.80% Bonds, Series L, due 2020;
- Consolidated Mortgage 3.20% Bonds, Series M, due 2045;
- Consolidated Mortgage 8.15% Bonds, Series N, due 2020;
- Consolidated Mortgage 6.55% Bonds, Series O, due 2020;
- Consolidated Mortgage 8.15% Bonds, Series P, due 2020;
- Northern Pacific Railway Company General Lien Railway and Land Grant 3% Bonds due 2047 (stamped); and
- Northern Pacific Railway Company General Lien Railway and Land Grant 3% Bonds due 2047 (unstamped).
BNSF Railway’s decision to voluntarily withdraw the securities from listing on the NYSE and to terminate registration of the securities under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 was based on BNSF Railway’s desire to eliminate the cost and administrative burden associated with maintaining the listings.
BNSF Railway is one of North America’s leading freight transportation companies. BNSF operates approximately 32,500 route miles of track in 28 states and also operates in three Canadian provinces. BNSF is one of the top transporters of consumer goods, grain and agricultural products, low-sulfur coal, and industrial goods such as petroleum, chemicals, housing materials, food and beverages. BNSF’s shipments help feed, clothe, supply, and power American homes and businesses every day. BNSF and its employees have developed one of the most technologically advanced, and efficient railroads in the industry. We work continuously to improve the value of the safety, service, energy, and environmental benefits we provide to our customers and the communities we serve. You can learn more about BNSF at www.BNSF.com.