DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Coal, Lignite, and Anthracite Mining Market Global Briefing 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Coal, Lignite, And Anthracite Mining Market Global Briefing covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market.
Coal mines are prone to hazards and mining companies are increasingly focusing on technologies to prevent accidents and improve the safety of miners. Government regulations, and health and safety standards developed by international mining groups also promote efficient safety practices. Some of the reasons for the occurrence of accidents in mining include ineffective drilling, blasting, loading and hauling, leaking out of poisonous methane gas, coal dust, and machinery collisions.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the coal, lignite, and anthracite mining market in 2016, accounting for around 70% of the market. This was mainly due to large population and manufacturing activities in the region, thereby having high coal demand for power generation, and steel and cement production. According to World Coal Association, China, India and Japan burn around 71% of the world's fresh coal mined. Western Europe was the second largest region accounting for around 9% of the market. Middle East was the smallest region accounting for less than 1% of the market. This can be attributed to the limited population and the availability of other energy sources such as oil.
- Markets Covered: Coal Mining, Lignite Mining, and Anthracite Mining.
- Geographic Scope: Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East And Africa
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- Coal India Limited
- ShenHua Group
- China Coal Energy Co Ltd
- Anglo American plc
- BHP Billiton Ltd
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Ltd
- Alpha Natural Resources
- Rio Tinto Group
- Inner Mongolia Yitai Coal Co. Ltd
- PT Adaro Energy Tbk
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cjhcc5/global_coal?w=4