DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Iron and Steel Mills and Ferroalloy Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
The iron and steel mills and ferroalloy manufacturing industry includes companies carrying out activities such as reduction of iron ore, transforming pig iron into steel, and producing molten or solid pig iron, steel, steel and forming pipe and tube, electrometallurgical ferroalloys, and steel and manufacturing shapes such as bar, plate, rod, sheet, strip, and wire.
Ferroalloys include pure elements and iron-rich alloys that are added while manufacturing steel to improve or alter the characteristics of the metal. Elements added to process iron and steel mills include silicon and manganese for carbon steel and chromium, vanadium, tungsten, titanium, and molybdenum for low- and high-alloy metals.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the iron and steel mills and ferroalloy manufacturing market in 2016, accounting for around 68% of the market. This was mainly due to high demand from the construction industry and the presence of a large number of manufacturing companies in countries such as China and India that had a positive influence on the region's metalsmarket. Eastern Europe was the second largest region accounting for around 7% of the market. North America was the third largest region accounting for around 6% of the market.
- Markets Covered: Pig Iron, Crude Steel, Ferroalloys
- Geographic Scope: Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East And Africa
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- Arcelor Mittal
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal
- China Baowu Steel Group
- TATA Steel Group
- Hyundai Steel Company
- GERDAU S.A
- United States Steel Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g37vsf/global_iron_and?w=4