QUINCY, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--J.Jill, Inc. (NYSE:JILL) J.Jill announced today that the J.Jill Compassion Fund will give $650,000 in 2017 financial donations to 21 organizations across the country to help women in need. In September, J.Jill committed a portion of these funds to The American Red Cross disaster relief efforts after the wave of devastating storms hit the U.S. and Caribbean. Additionally, the Company donated 130,000 units of clothing this year through its partnership with Good360, a global leader in product philanthropy and purposeful giving.
"We are pleased to contribute to these important organizations that work directly with disadvantaged women to provide vital services and effect positive change in their lives,” said Paula Bennett, President and CEO of J. Jill. “We believe compassion connects us all. As a largely female organization, we feel a responsibility to support women in need. Through the generosity of our customers, our associates, and our corporate commitments, including our associate matching gifts program, we are able to give back to the communities where we live and work.”
The J.Jill Compassion Fund, celebrating its 15th year, is committed to providing support to community-based organizations that help disadvantaged and homeless women regain their self-sufficiency. Since its inception in 2002, the J.Jill Compassion Fund has given more than $14 million in grants and in-kind donations to organizations across the country that help women in need regain their independence through programs that focus on education, job training, life skills, and safe affordable housing.
The J.Jill Compassion Fund grant recipients for 2017 include:
- Every Woman Works (Atlanta, GA)
- Fresh Start Women’s Foundation (Phoenix, AZ)
- Good360 (Alexandria, VA)
- Housing Opportunities for Women (Chicago, IL)
- Jeremiah Program (Minneapolis, MN)
- La Casa de las Madres (San Francisco, CA)
- N Street Village (Washington, D.C.)
- New Beginnings (Tilton, NH)
- New Economics for Women (Los Angeles, CA)
- On the Rise (Cambridge, MA)
- Rosie’s Place (Boston, MA)
- Wellspring House (Gloucester, MA)
- Sarah’s Circle (Chicago, IL)
- The American Red Cross (Cambridge, MA)
- Women’s Greater Resource Center of Greater Houston (Houston, TX)
- Women in Need, Inc. (New York, NY)
- Women’s Community Revitalization Project (Philadelphia, PA)
- WiNGS (Dallas, TX)
- Women’s Bean Project (Denver, CO)
- Women’s Resource Center (Sarasota, FL)
- York St. Project (Jersey City, NJ)
Customers can also contribute to support women in need through the purchase of exclusive J.Jill Compassion Fund products. The Company donates 100% of the net proceeds from these limited edition styles to the J.Jill Compassion Fund. This holiday season, J.Jill is offering two accessories designed for charity, the Compassion Fund Artisanal Floral Scarf and the Compassion Fund Snowflake Locket.
The J.Jill Compassion Fund is a donor-advised fund of the Boston Foundation. To learn more about the fund, visit www.jjill.com/compassion.
About J.Jill, Inc.
J.Jill is a premier omnichannel retailer and nationally recognized women’s apparel brand committed to delighting customers with great wear-now product. The brand represents an easy, relaxed, inspired style that reflects the confidence and comfort of a woman with a rich, full life. J.Jill offers a guiding customer experience through more than 270 stores nationwide and a robust e-commerce platform. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston. For more information, please visit www.JJill.com.