NEWARK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Audible Inc., the world’s largest seller and producer of downloadable audiobooks and other spoken-word entertainment, today announced the ten most listened-to audiobooks of 2017, and the ten most commented-on audiobooks of the year by Audible listeners.
“Our millions of members are incredibly passionate about outstanding listening experiences, so we are delighted to showcase the audiobooks they engaged with most this year,” said Audible EVP and Publisher Beth Anderson. “Congratulations to all of these titles, and the fine authors, performers, and publishers who have brought them to life in audio.”
While the Audible bestseller list runs on a weekly basis, these lists highlight the audiobooks that customers listened to most over the course of the year, including repeat listens, and reviewed in the highest numbers.
Most listened-to titles on Audible in 2017:
Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson, narrated by Roger
2) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling, narrated by Jim Dale
3) A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin, narrated by Roy Dotrice
4) Born a Crime by Trevor Noah, narrated by Trevor Noah
5) Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, narrated by Wil Wheaton
6) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling, narrated by Jim Dale
7) It by Stephen King, narrated by Steven Weber
8) How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie, narrated by Andrew MacMillan
9) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling, narrated by Jim Dale
10) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling, narrated by Jim Dale
Most commented-on audiobooks of 2017:
a Crime by Trevor Noah, narrated by Trevor Noah
2) Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, narrated by Wil Wheaton
3) The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson, narrated by Roger Wayne
4) I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart, narrated by Kevin Hart
5) We Are Legion: We Are Bob by Dennis E. Taylor, narrated by Ray Porter
6) The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins, narrated by Mel Robbins
7) A Man Called Ove by Frederik Backman, narrated by George Newbern
8) It by Stephen King, narrated by Steven Weber
9) Columbus Day by Craig Alanson, narrated by R.C. Bray
10) For We Are Many by Dennis E. Taylor, narrated by Ray Porter
Audible invented and commercialized the first digital audio player in 1997, and has since been at the forefront of the explosively growing audiobook download segment. In 2016, Audible members downloaded an average of more than 17 books over the course of the year. More than half of new Audible members are first-time audiobook buyers.
ABOUT AUDIBLE, INC.
Audible, Inc., an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary (NASDAQ:AMZN), is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio content, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Audible was created to unleash the emotive music in language and the habituating power and utility of verbal expression. Audible content includes more than 375,000 audio programs from leading audiobook publishers, broadcasters, entertainers, magazine and newspaper publishers, and business information providers. Audible is also the provider of spoken-word audio products for Apple’s iTunes Store.
Standout reviews of Audible’s most-commented on audiobooks of 2017:
I've listened to a LOT of audiobooks in the last few years, and there
are some series I'm totally loyal to. This beats all. The story, the
humor, and Wil Wheaton's performance are all incredible. I laughed out
loud multiple times during a marathon practice run! No one laughs during
– Karen, Audible listener on Ready Player One
This book is everything... entertaining, inspirational, heart-wrenching,
sad, funny . Trevor performed it perfectly. I learned quite a bit about
the history of South Africa, it was very intriguing. I will recommend
this book to anyone I talk to.
– Alicia, Audible listener on Born a Crime
I have been an audible subscriber since 2011 and I generally stay in the
personal development/self help categories, but I am a Kevin Hart fan and
figured this would be a hilarious experience. It was, and you will laugh
from beginning to end with this book. What I was not expecting was to
receive so many practical lessons and success principles that were on
par with the best books in the personal development industry. Most
people don't know the process that Mr. Hart went through to get to the
top. Like he states in the book he's an overnight success 16 years in
the making! You will definitely want to listen to this book multiple
times. I highly recommend it. Not only is it entertaining but you WILL
be motivated to step your game up in whatever arena you have chosen to
play in. GET THIS AUDIOBOOK!!!
– Sam, Audible listener on I Can’t Make This Up
I know there are a ton of people who have listened to this book already
and have provided excellent reviews ... hell, that's why I bought the
book. I'm only an hour into this book, but it's already done something
that no other audiobook that I've bought has done before. I was taking
the train into work when I laughed out loud with a thunderous "HA!". I
think I knew that I did it, but after glancing around the train car,
virtually everyone was smiling at me. Dennis Taylor can write ... and
Ray Porter is giving me a great performance. Thank you to everyone's
review I read that convinced me I had to listen to this book. And for
everyone reading this ... buy it. You won't regret it.
– Rory. Audible listener on We Are Legion (We Are Bob)
This is my favorite Audible purchase to date - I LOVED this book!!! I
laughed out loud or found myself quietly weeping. Great story,
characters and performance.
– Jean, Audible listener on A Man Called Ove