DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Parkinson's Disease Forecast in 19 Major Markets 2018-2028" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Parkinson's disease (PD) is a neurodegenerative disorder that seriously affects everyday activities. PD is an age-related, progressive disease characterised by the damage to and death of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra, as well as other regions of the brain. This results in the onset and development of various motor and non-motor manifestations that lead to disability and significantly deteriorate patient quality of life. Studies conducted over the last two decades have revealed the complex and multifactorial nature of the disease.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Parkinson's disease across 19 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Russia, Poland, Netherlands, Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team, patient populations with the appropriate stages of Parkinson's disease, as well as several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Parkinson's disease have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for Parkinson's disease include:
- REM sleep behaviour disorder
- Gastrointestinal motility dysfunction
- Orthostatic hypotension
Key Topics Covered:
- Cause of the Disease
- Risk Factors & Prevention
- Diagnosis of the Disease
- Variation by Geography/Ethnicity
- Disease Prognosis & Clinical Course
- Key Comorbid Conditions / Features Associated With the Disease
- Methodology for Quantification of Patient Numbers
- Top-Line Prevalence for Parkinson's Disease
- Features of Parkinson's Disease Patients
- Comorbid Conditions of Parkinson's Disease Patients
- Abbreviations Used in the Report
- Other Publications
- Online Patient-Based Databases
- Patient-Based Offering
- Online Pricing Data & Platforms
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kq94mf/parkinsons?w=4