AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Vapor IO, the definitive platform for edge computing and edge clouds, today announced Edgecon Aspen, a three day event focused on edge computing, gathering today’s top industry leaders for powerhouse brainstorming and high-impact networking sessions. Hosted by Vapor IO and Crown Castle, the event will take place January 24-26, 2018 in Aspen, Colorado.
Edgecon Aspen is an intimate gathering of edge computing’s most visionary builders. Sessions include high-impact keynotes, roundtable discussions and lighting talks. Participants range from telco executives and data center experts to IoT practitioners and major cloud providers. Together, attendees will shape the future of edge computing, discuss requirements, map out strategies and meet potential partners.
Current participants include:
- Cole Crawford, CEO and founder, Vapor IO: Cole is one of the leading thinkers in edge computing today. With over 20 years of data center experience, and numerous patents for edge technologies, Cole is a sought out speaker and instigator, and is the founder of Edgecon.
- Jim Young, COO, Crown Castle: Jim is part of the executive team at Crown Castle, the nation's largest provider of shared wireless infrastructure. He will share his company's vision for deploying edge compute across Crown's portfolio of more than 40,000 cell towers and 60,000 route miles of fiber.
- Ihab Tarazi, entrepreneur in residence, Sutter Hill Ventures: Ihab was most recently the CTO of Equinix, the world's largest IBX data center & colocation provider. He is now EIR at Sutter Hill Ventures and will share his expertise in core and edge data centers.
- Yuval Bachar, principal engineer, Data Center Architecture at LinkedIn: Yuval leads LinkedIn's edge computing efforts and will explain his use case for edge computing. He is also President and Chairman of the Board at the Open19 Foundation, which has as one of its goals to make edge data center deployments easier.
- Don Duet, COO, Vapor IO: As the former head of global technology at Goldman Sachs, Don is using his extensive operational and management experience to solve some of the largest computing challenges on the edge.
Also attending is special guest Bo Bridges. Mr. Bridges is a world-renowned advertising and fine art photographer whose passion for adventure drives the dynamic imagery he produces. His portfolio, regarded by ESPN as a “pyramid wall filled with iconic pieces of history,” is a diverse mix of professional athletes, celebrity portraits, and film and television campaigns, in addition to beautiful scenes and landscapes from around the world. Bo will be giving a special evening presentation where he relates edge computing to edge sports (skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing), and how those have evolved into mainstream activities. He will also be capturing Edgecon Aspen in his trademark photographic style.
Edgecon Aspen is the first in a series of Edgecon events to be held around the world, with more planned for 2018. Sign up is easy and the event is free of charge for confirmed guests. To request a spot at Edgecon Aspen, please visit edgecon.splashthat.com.
Vapor IO also announced today it has been recognized in the 2017 DatacenterDynamics Global Awards program, winning the Living on the Edge category for Project Volutus. For more on that announcement, please click here.
About Vapor IO
Vapor IO is building the cloud of the future, at the edge. Working with cloud operators, MNOs, real estate holding companies and the world’s most innovative enterprises, Vapor provides software, hardware and technology for enabling large-scale edge computing and the next generation edge cloud. For additional information, please visit www.vapor.io.