CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Skyhigh, the cloud security company, today announced it has been positioned as a Leader in the 2017 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers.” The report is the first-ever Gartner Magic Quandrant on cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and profiles 11 vendors across the industry.
“Cloud access security brokers have become an essential element of any cloud security strategy, helping organizations govern the use of cloud and protect sensitive data in the cloud,” the Gartner report states. “By 2020, 60% of large enterprises will use a CASB to govern cloud services, up from less than 10% today.”
In today’s digital economy, data has become an organization’s most valuable asset. As organizations strive to accelerate their business by adopting cloud services, they struggle to identify, control and protect their data that is increasingly moving to and from the cloud. Traditional network-centric security technologies are not relevant to these data security requirements because they are blind to data that is increasingly shared between cloud services and from off-premise devices. In order to address these data security needs organizations need to reframe their security strategy to focus on securing data natively in the cloud. This is the foundational premise of Skyhigh’s Cloud-Native Data Security (CNDS) approach to CASB which earned it the recognition as Leader in Gartner’s CASB Magic Quadrant.
“Since introducing the radical idea of a single control-point for securing the use of all cloud services five years ago, Skyhigh’s CASB platform has grown to deliver security policy enforcement, automation and intelligence to billions of cloud transactions every hour for many of the largest organizations in the world,” said Rajiv Gupta, CEO, Skyhigh. “We believe our recognition as a Leader in this Magic Quadrant is a reflection of our ability to effectively cover both dimensions necessary to make an impact, visionary insights into the secure adoption of cloud, and the ability to execute that vision for our customers.”
Over the last year, Skyhigh’s roadmap has been shaped by a number of market-defining technology innovations, as well as key cloud security threat research, all designed to transform security from an obstacle to an enabler of cloud adoption:
- Skyhigh unveiled the industry’s first comprehensive security, compliance and governance solution for custom applications and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure allowing organization to accelerate their secure adoption of IaaS and PaaS platforms.
- Skyhigh’s Threat Research Lab revealed two sophisticated cyber attacks on Microsoft Office 365 users and a pernicious and widespread exposure in the use of AWS. Through the sophisticated analysis of anonymized cloud traffic of over 30 million enterprise users worldwide, Skyhigh helped customers avoid breaches through one of the first examples of an operationalized cloud-to-cloud ‘brute force’ attack, as well as ‘KnockKnock,’ a previously unknown botnet targeting accounts with high-privileged access to information. Additionally, developers widely misconfigure their use of AWS S3 buckets and the corresponding exposure, ‘GhostWriter,’ leaves those S3 buckets to be silently overwritten by malicious third parties.
- Skyhigh released three groundbreaking cloud-native data security innovations, Autonomous Remediation, Cloud Email DLP and Lightening Link, all aimed at solving the unique data security challenges that the scale, speed and user-centric nature of the cloud present.
To access the 2017 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers” report, click here.
- Blog: Gartner’s CASB Magic Quadrant is Finally Here
- Whitepaper: Definitive Guide to Cloud Threat Protection
- Resource: What is a CASB
Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers,” Steve Riley, Craig Lawson, Nov. 30, 2017.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Cloud is critical to business innovation and growth, but its use can put data, an enterprise’s most valuable asset, at risk. Skyhigh protects data across all cloud services with the speed, scale and user-centricity the cloud demands. With Skyhigh Security Cloud, enterprises can accelerate their business by leveraging technology and services to confidently identify, control and protect data and user activities across any cloud, on any device. For more information, visit http://www.skyhighnetworks.com.