TAIPEI, Taiwan--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), announced today its “ActionDirector” Android app has won Google Play’s ‘Best of 2017’ award for ‘Most Entertaining’ app. ActionDirector was first introduced in October 2016, and has been downloaded almost 4 million times on the Google Play store within one year.
CyberLink ActionDirector brings fast, streamlined video editing to mobile devices, designed to allow action videos to be quickly captured, edited and produced. Smartphones have largely overtaken traditional cameras, becoming the primary video capturing device for millennials. The potential to create videos on-the-fly is bigger than ever. The ActionDirector App further speeds up this process; taking what otherwise would be a complex and time-consuming process and turning it into a quick, enjoyable and entertaining editing experience.
“Google Play sees countless new apps released every day, and the video and photo creation category is one of the most competitive spaces on the store,” said Dr. Jau Huang, Founder and CEO of CyberLink. “CyberLink is known for our PowerDirector video editing software among PC users, and we are glad ActionDirector has become well-recognized in the mobile world with this award from Google.”
With ActionDirector users can:
- Capture video – Record video with ActionDirector and begin editing right away.
- Edit & adjust – Trim video and effortlessly apply brightness, contrast and saturation adjustments.
- Highlight the action – Slow down or speed up video segments with precision, as well as highlight sections of video to replay or rewind.
- Add titles and text – Bookend video with intro and outro clips, or overlay text onto video footage.
- Mix in music – Add and mix background music into a video’s audio soundtrack.
- Produce and share – Upload and share your videos in Full HD quality via social networks or messaging apps.
ActionDirector is available for free download on Android devices from the Google Play Store.
CyberLink (5203.TW) is a world leader in multimedia software design. Since 1996, CyberLink has transformed how people enjoy and create media on PCs, mobile devices and in the Cloud. The company’s award-winning products are sold to all major PC manufacturers as well as millions of customers worldwide. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, CyberLink also runs regional operations through offices in the US, Japan, Europe and Asia-Pacific territories. Further information about CyberLink can be found at cyberlink.com.
All companies and product names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and are the sole property of their respective owners. Copyright © 2017 CyberLink Corp. All rights reserved.