DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Australia - Mobile Market: Overview, Statistics, Forecasts, and Analyses" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
This report provides data and analysis on a range of mobile technologies in Australia, as well as an assessment of network developments. It assesses the prospects for operators as they extend their LTE deployments beyond the major urban areas and deeper into rural areas, and invest in prototype 5G technologies in preparation for deployments anticipated from 2020.
The report contains a range of key statistics on network data throughput, operator strategies and emerging technologies. In addition, the report assesses operator revenue and ARPU and details the development of the prepaid and contract subscriber bases for each MNO. The handset and smartphone markets are covered, as well as MNOs' financial and operational data.
The Australian mobile market is dominated by the three major mobile network operators (MNO) Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone (VHA). There is also a significant number of Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO) in Australia.
- MNVO Amaysim announced the launch of its NBN products.
- Telstra started to roll out new next-gen optical tech in its underlying transmission network.
- Telstra and Ericsson are actively working to build momentum in the LTE-Broadcast global ecosystem.
- Telstra has claimed a world first with the launch of a live LTE network capable of supporting 1Gbps peak download speeds.
- Optus took a step towards 5G switching on 4.5G network services across a suburb in NSW.
- 4.5G and 5G are the new frontiers linked to wearable device communications and other IoT and M2M activities.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Mobile network operators and MNVOs
2. Mobile subscribers, revenues and forecasts
3. Mobile broadband - statistics, LTE and 5G
4. Smartphones, Tablets and handset market
5. Mobile spectrum overview
6. Mobile spectrum auctions
- Aldi Mobile
- Crazy Johns
- Hutchison Australia
- JB HiFi
- Kogan Mobile
- Macquarie Telecom
- MeU Mobile
- Red Bull Mobile
- Virgin Mobile
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g5krcb/australia.