DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "International Encyclopedia of Public Health. Edition No. 2" book from Elsevier Science and Technology has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
International Encyclopedia of Public Health, Second Edition is an authoritative and comprehensive guide to the major issues, challenges, methods, and approaches of global public health. Taking a multidisciplinary approach, this new edition combines complementary scientific fields of inquiry, linking biomedical research with the social and life sciences to address the three major themes of public health research, disease, health processes, and disciplines.
This book helps readers solve real-world problems in global and local health through a multidisciplinary and comprehensive approach. Covering all dimensions of the field, from the details of specific diseases, to the organization of social insurance agencies, the articles included cover the fundamental research areas of health promotion, economics, and epidemiology, as well as specific diseases, such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and reproductive health.
Additional articles on the history of public health, global issues, research priorities, and health and human rights make this work an indispensable resource for students, health researchers, and practitioners alike.
- Provides the most comprehensive, high-level, internationally focused reference work available on public health
- Presents an invaluable resource for both researchers familiar with the field and non-experts requiring easy-to-find, relevant, global information and a greater understanding of the wider issues
- Contains interdisciplinary coverage across all aspects of public health
- Incorporates biomedical and health social science issues and perspectives
- Includes an international focus with contributions from global domain experts, providing a complete picture of public health issues
Key Topics Covered:
- Anthropology / Sociology
- At-Risk Populations
- Child & Adolescent Health
- Consumerism / Education / Outreach
- Diet / Obesity / Physical Inactivity
- Economics/ Finance
- Emerging and Re-Emerging Diseases
- Environmental / Occupational
- Epidemiology / Demography
- Ethical and Legal Issues
- Global Issues
- Health Services
- Health Systems
- History of Public Health
- Infectious Diseases
- Injuries and Violence
- Malnutrition, Infections and Poverty
- Measurement and Modelling
- Neurological Disorders
- Parasitic Diseases
- Psychology / Psychiatry
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sensory, GI, and Other
- Sexual & Reproductive Health
- Tobacco / Alcohol / Drugs
For more information about this book visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8drgtk/international.