LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For the second consecutive year, iHeartMedia Los Angeles’ KOST 103.5’s The Ellen K Morning Show will help kick off the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) Live L.A. Give L.A. fundraising campaign by broadcasting live from the hospital on Giving Tuesday, the global philanthropy-driven alternative to Black Friday that encourages individuals to support causes that are meaningful to them.
On Tuesday, Nov. 28, from 5 – 10 a.m., Ellen and her fellow morning show crew, Ryan Manno and Darlene Rodrigo, will speak with patient families, hospital leaders and other special guests, and encourage listeners to support the hospital and donate by texting CHLA to 41444, visiting KOST103.5com/CHLA or by calling 1-800-MYCHLA1. Heidi Klum has pledged $30,000 and is inviting KOST 103.5 listeners to match her donation during the Giving Tuesday morning show broadcast. In addition, the first 200 people making a gift of $27 or more at CHLA.org/GivingTuesday will receive a gold-toned holiday ornament from the hospital.
“We are grateful to have KOST 103.5 and their listeners support our mission to build hope and create healthier futures for the patients we treat,” says Children’s Hospital Los Angeles President and CEO Paul S. Viviano. “I’d like to extend my sincere thanks to Heidi Klum and our Giving Tuesday community partners like Credit Unions for Kids, Porto’s Bakery and Café, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Malibu Country Mart, Malibu Village and Malibu Lumber Yard for inspiring others to give back.”
Kicking off on Giving Tuesday, the Live L.A. Give L.A. campaign is a month-long appeal to the community to donate funds that will directly support the pediatric medical care CHLA provides. Donations to the Live L.A. Give L.A. campaign through the end of the year will benefit the hospital’s Helping Hands Fund, a vital source of unrestricted support, which ensures that every patient treated at CHLA receives the critical, lifesaving care they need. Credit Unions for Kids has once again partnered with CHLA in support of the Live L.A. Give L.A. year-end campaign and will challenge the community to match their donation of $650,000 by midnight on December 31.
Following the KOST 103.5 broadcast, CHLA Junior Ambassadors and hospital community partners including Porto’s Bakery and Café, will support CHLA with:
- This year, CHLA Junior Ambassadors, a group of young philanthropists and former patients ages six to 18, participated in Action Day, an event dedicated to fundraising for the hospital. The group’s efforts raised $35,000 to purchase 10 mobile gaming GO Karts, which are portable, medical-grade video game kiosks that provide bedside recreation to hospitalized children who are unable to leave their rooms. On Giving Tuesday, the junior ambassadors will present the 10 carts to the CHLA Child Life staff. The ambassadors’ work also generated an additional $25,000 matching gift from Pearl Recovery Retreat, bringing the total raised to $60,000.
- The Tournament of Roses’ 100th Rose Queen, Isabella Marie Marez, and The Royal Court will visit with patients and families. Marez is a senior at La Salle High School and a CHLA junior ambassador.
- Porto’s Bakery and Café will deliver baked goods to CHLA caregivers and will also donate 10 percent of cheese roll sales from all four of its Los Angeles area locations between Nov. 27-Dec. 1
- Greater Los Angeles Chipotle Mexican Grill locations will donate 50 percent of sales to CHLA on Nov. 28 when patrons present a flyer or mention the Giving Tuesday promotion to the cashier.
- In support of CHLA’s end of year campaign, participating restaurants and retailers in Malibu Country Mart, Malibu Village and Malibu Lumber Yard will donate a portion of sales on Dec. 9 and 10. Patrons will also be invited to bring or purchase a new, unwrapped toy to donate to the hospital.
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is one of the top pediatric academic medical and research institutions in the United States and relies on the generosity of community support. Each and every gift to CHLA helps the hospital provide critical, lifesaving care to patients from not only the Los Angeles area, but from all 50 states and from more than 50 countries around the world.
KOST 103.5 is the leading media outlet in the Los Angeles market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, the leading all-in-one streaming music and live radio service – with more than 1.4 billion app downloads and 100 million registered users.
About Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is dedicated to creating hope and building healthier futures for children. Founded in 1901, CHLA is one of the nation’s leading pediatric academic medical centers and is acknowledged worldwide for its leadership in pediatric and adolescent health. The hospital relies on the generosity of the community to support its groundbreaking pediatric research and the complex care it provides for critically ill and injured children. For more information, visit CHLA.org. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram, and visit our child health blog (CHLA.org/blog) and our research blog (ResearCHLABlog.org).