DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Manufacturing Technologies Empowering Automotive Lightweighting" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Lightweighting, one of the key trends witnessed in the automotive industry is expected to introduce transformational changes in the longer run. Lightweighting has garnered increased interest from the entire transportation ecosystem to improve fuel efficiency and reduce carbon emissions. Lightweighting of vehicles is achieved either by introducing design changes or by using advanced multi-materials either in the chassis, powertrain, engine or other interior parts of a vehicle.
Lightweighting can significantly reduce vehicle weight, improve aerodynamics of the car, and enable improvement in the overall performance of vehicle. The technology and innovation report captures noteworthy manufacturing and materials related technological innovations that enable lightweighting of automobile structural elements, chassis, and powertrain.
Examples of such technologies include: flexible roll forming, oil fluidic tube hydroforming, 3D printing, self-joining rivets, resistance stir welding and many more.
Key questions answered in the study:
- What is the significance of automotive lightweighting?
- What are the key funding trends and focus areas?
- What are the key emerging materials used for lightweighting?
- What are the manufacturing innovations driving adoption?
- How did the end-users leverage the benefit of automotive lightweighting technologies?
- What are the growth opportunities beyond 2020 for lightweighting in the automotive industry?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Automotive Lightweighting - Landscape Assessment
3. Key Materials Empowering Automotive Lightweighting
4. Key Manufacturing Technologies Enabling Automotive Lightweighting
5. Additive Manufacturing - The Way Forward For Automotive Lightweighting
6. Market Potential and Adoption Assessment
7. Assessment of Strategic Initiatives Driving Developments
8. Strategic Perspectives
9. Key Patents and Contacts
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kvdxkf/manufacturing