CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, a leading provider of resources and information for oncology professionals, will host its latest State of Science Summit™ to discuss controversies in managing melanoma. The event will take place at the New York Hilton Midtown on Nov. 20 at 5:30pm. The program will be chaired by renowned oncologist, Mario Sznol, M.D., professor of medicine (medical oncology) and co-director of the Yale SPORE in Skin Cancer.
The three-and-a-half-hour instructive conference will serve as a platform for physicians, nurses, oncologists and hematologists to gather and discuss cases and learn from the expert speakers, who will present their thoughts on emerging research and treatment and management tactics for melanoma. Topics to be covered include immunotherapy in melanoma, targeted therapy and management of brain metastasis with systemic therapies. There will also be a brief networking reception with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
Speakers for State of the Science Summit™: Controversies in Management of Melanoma include:
- Michael B. Atkins, M.D., deputy director, Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center; Scholl professor and vice chair, Department of Medical Oncology, Georgetown University Medical Center.
- Paul B. Chapman, M.D., medical oncology, melanoma specialist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Daniel G. Coit, M.D., FACS, surgical oncologist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Harriet Kluger, M.D., professor of medicine (medical oncology); associate cancer center director for education and training; deputy section chief, medical oncology, Yale Cancer Center
- Jeffrey S. Weber, M.D., Ph.D., deputy director, Perlmutter Cancer Center; codirector, Melanoma Research Program, NYU Langone Health
- Michael Postow, MD
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive®, with medical experts from across the nation. Aiming to discuss current treatment options, each summit integrates academic- and community-based physicians and healthcare professionals across key disciplines, including medical and surgical oncology and hematology. The format of these meetings encourages attendees to engage with the panel and network with other professionals.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive.com offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive® is the official website for Michael J. Hennessy Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News®, Oncology Business Management™ and more. Michael J. Hennessy Associates Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.