HANOVER, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Vincent Communications and Controls Ltd. expands its service capabilities by deploying Ciena’s (NYSE: CIEN) packet networking platforms to address growing bandwidth needs for mobile backhaul and business services. By investing in Ciena’s service delivery and aggregation platforms, Vincent Communications gains a scalable, reliable and cost-effective solution to expand and manage their service offerings.
- Vincent Communications is implementing solutions from Ciena’s 39xx series of Service Delivery Switches (3916 and 3942) and 51xx series of Service Aggregation Switches (5142 and 5160), each of which targets specific network requirements for form and function while offering low power and footprint requirements.
- By deploying Ciena’s 3906mvi Service Virtualization Switch, Vincent Communications leverages Network Function Virtualization (NFV) technology that allows for flexible deployment of virtual functions needed at the customer premise. The switch allows enterprise and mobile backhaul applications to leverage virtualized functions when and where needed, benefiting from significantly reduced costs and advanced monitoring and maintenance capabilities.
- Vincent Communications’ implementation of Ciena’s packet solutions allows the operator to offer MEF CE2.0 services over a resilient network, with assured SLA guarantees for the most mission-critical applications for its key customer base - the oil and gas industry.
“Our network must be flexible to support our current offerings, while
we simultaneously invest in infrastructure for advanced services made
possible with NFV. We selected Ciena’s packet-based solutions as they
not only fulfill our current service needs, but provide an agile
framework where we can grow our network and ultimately our customer
- Scott Vincent, Chief Executive Officer, Vincent Communications
“Each of our customers face unique challenges that demand solutions to
meet a myriad of market requirements. Our approach to truly customize
solutions, taking into account such elements as simplifying service
deployment while deploying advanced functions quickly, reliably and
cost-effectively, sets us apart in the market.”
- Bruce Hembree, Vice President and General Manager of North America Sales, Ciena
About Vincent Communications and Controls Ltd.
Vincent Communications and Controls Ltd. (VCCL) has been in business since 2005 and specializes in design, planning and implementation from conceptual phase to turn key completion of various types of data, voice, internet communication networks and tower infrastructure throughout northern Alberta and British Columbia, Canada. VCCL has grown over the last 12 years and currently has offices in Grande Prairie, Alberta and Fort St. John, B.C. with experienced technicians and tower riggers dedicated to maintaining our client communication networks and expanding our own dedicated internet, SCADA, voice and tower infrastructure.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.