WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) announced that nine new members have been elected to the AHIP Board of Directors, effective November 8, 2017:
- Gary Bhojwani, President and CEO-elect of CNO Financial Group, Inc.
- Kenneth Burdick, CEO of WellCare Health Plans, Inc.
- Patrick Conway, M.D., President and CEO-elect of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Michael Guyette, President and CEO of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Daniel Loepp, President and CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Peter Marino, CEO of Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island
- Richard Shinto, M.D., President and CEO of InnovaCare, Inc.
- Pat Wang, President and CEO of Healthfirst
- Teresa White, President of Aflac U.S.
“In 2018, we will continue to have a national conversation about how to improve the value of health care,” said Marilyn Tavenner, AHIP President and CEO. “These leaders are committed to ensuring the best use of every dollar spent on coverage and care. I look forward to working with them to promote new ways to improve affordability and quality.”
These new members join other esteemed colleagues serving on AHIP’s Board, listed here.
The AHIP Board will be led in 2018 by Bernard J. Tyson, Chairman and CEO of Kaiser Permanente. In this role, Tyson succeeds Joseph R. Swedish, Chairman, President and CEO of Anthem, Inc.
“Joe’s leadership was essential as we debated how to make the American health care system more affordable and accessible for everyone,” Tavenner said. “In all our recommendations, we stayed focused on a few key principles: affordability, choice, protections for patients, and market stability. I offer my greatest thanks to Joe for his strong commitment to the millions of people our industry serves daily.”
America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) is the national association whose members provide coverage for health care and related services to millions of Americans every day. Through these offerings, we improve and protect the health and financial security of consumers, families, businesses, communities and the nation. We are committed to market-based solutions and public-private partnerships that improve affordability, value, access and well-being for consumers. Visit www.ahip.org Learn more about health insurance and how it works at myhealthplan.guide.