NAPERVILLE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Coriant, a leading supplier of packet optical, IP, and SDN solutions to Tier 1 global service providers and web-scale Internet operators, today announced that it will demonstrate multi-vendor, multi-domain SDN and LSO-enabled service orchestration as part of its participation at MEF17 in Orlando, Florida from November 13-16.
In an open ecosystem Proof of Concept (PoC) demonstration in collaboration with Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network communications, Coriant’s Transcend SDN transport controller software will be used together with multi-domain Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO) to support on-demand, end-to-end service activation – the automated turning up and down of Windstream’s high-speed, high capacity SDNow transport solutions in 10G bandwidth increments. The Coriant Transcend™ SDN Transport Controller will also be featured in a PoC showcase in collaboration with CenturyLink that focuses on LSO Service Orchestration Functionality (SOF) Topology Engine capabilities in a multi-vendor environment. These innovative PoC showcases will take place during the conference in the MEF17 Networking Hall at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort in Orlando, Florida.
Leadership in MEF-Certified Solutions
With thousands of MEF-certified systems deployed worldwide and driving revenue-generating packet services for industry leading network operators, Coriant continues to demonstrate leadership in MEF-certified technology and professional certifications. This leadership includes having been the first to achieve 100G Carrier Ethernet 2.0 certification.
Coriant at MEF17
Coriant will feature its comprehensive MEF-certified and SDN/LSO-capable packet transport solutions at MEF17 (exhibit #303). Coriant’s packet-optimized solutions help network operators achieve new revenue streams through a broad range of services and applications, including:
- Business and Wholesale Ethernet Services – including MEF-defined Ethernet services offering speeds ranging from Mbps to 100 Gbps
- Mobile Backhaul – cost-effective evolution of backhaul networks as mobile broadband (LTE/LTE-A, 5G) drives increased bandwidth demand and more stringent latency requirements
- Fixed Broadband Backhaul – scalable and efficient foundation for high speed broadband access technologies and packet-centric services
- Data Center Interconnect – enabling CNPs and IXPs to offer enterprises and smaller ICPs cloud connect services interconnecting servers in different data center facilities and providing access to Cloud Service Providers
- Router Optimization – more efficient utilization of high speed router ports, router slots and ports
- SONET/SDH Migration – efficient service evolution powered by packet transport, packet optical, and universal switching
To arrange a meeting with Coriant technology experts at MEF17, please contact email@example.com.
Coriant delivers innovative and dynamic networking solutions for a fast-changing and cloud-centric business world. The Coriant portfolio of edge-to-core packet optical, IP, and SDN solutions enables network operators to cost-efficiently scale network capacity, reduce operational complexity, and create the resilient foundation for a new generation of end-user services, including 5G, IoT, and Internet video. Coriant serves leading network operators around the world, including Tier 1 mobile and fixed line service providers, web-scale Internet operators, data center operators, cable MSOs, and large enterprises. With a distinguished heritage of technology innovation and service excellence, Coriant is helping its global customers maximize the value of their network infrastructure as demand for bandwidth explodes and the communications needs of businesses and consumers continue to evolve. Learn more at www.coriant.com and follow us on Twitter for the latest @Coriant news and information.