MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI), a global leader in advanced high-efficiency zero emissions hybrid and electric drivetrain solutions today announced the integration of its EDI PowerDrive™ 7000 electric drivetrain and EDI PowerSuite™ vehicle control software into a Thomas Built Saf-T-Liner C2 Electric Concept Bus at the annual National Association for Pupil Transit Industry Event.
The concept bus, Jouley—named by Thomas Built Bus after the joule unit of energy—integrates the Efficient Drivetrains EDI PowerDrive™ EV drivetrain system and EDI PowerSuite™ vehicle control software and telematics systems. The electric school bus provides the same features and expected vehicle performance as a traditional bus, with the added benefit of zero-emissions driving, quiet vehicle operations, and exportable power. The new Saf-T-Liner C2 features battery energy ranging from 100-160kWh, and a baseline of 100-mile range with expandable mileage options. The integrated EDI PowerSuite™ vehicle control software and EDI PowerTracker™ telematics system tracks bus location and provides real-time vehicle monitoring for fleet operators.
Electric buses featuring EDI’s EV drivetrain and vehicle control systems offer fleet operators the benefits of zero-emissions driving, clean-air for its students and the surrounding community, and significantly reduced fuel and maintenance costs. Bus drivers operating the vehicle will continue to experience a standard driving experience—all the expected full power vehicle performance of the OEM, while eliminating harmful emissions. Available government subsidy and incentive programs focused on reducing greenhouse gas emissions will also help defray costs for school districts moving to adopting electric buses.
- EDI has integrated the EDI PowerDrive™ 7000 EV drivetrain, EDI PowerSuite™ Vehicle Control software, and EDI PowerTracker™ telematics system into a Thomas Built Saf-T-Liner Type C Concept Bus
- The bus features zero-emissions driving, quiet vehicle operations, and a baseline of 100 mile range
- Electric school buses provide fleet operators with the benefits of zero-emissions driving, clean-air for its students and the surrounding community, and significantly reduced fuel and maintenance costs.
- EDI has a long standing history in electrification of buses—integrating its EDI PowerDrive™ technology into several models of buses in North America and China. The EDI PowerDrive™ has surpassed over 2.5 million miles in a commercial fleet setting of city buses deployed in rural and city routes.
- In addition to the Thomas Bus program, EDI has also successfully completed several vehicle programs globally with other Daimler brands including Freightliner in North America, and Foton in China.
“Efficient Drivetrains is pleased to have been selected to support
Thomas Bus in the development of their Jouley concept e-Bus. We continue
to see the school bus industry at large integrate electric options into
their solution portfolio. Our EV bus platform is quickly emerging as a
competitive leader, and we look forward to continuing to see the growth
of zero-emissions offerings in the industry.”
-Joerg Ferchau, CEO, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
- Efficient Drivetrains unveils its EV School Bus Platform—EDI PowerDrive™ 7000 EV at NAPT Industry Event news release
- Efficient Drivetrains Collaborates with Master Transportation to deliver industry’s first “Made in Taiwan” e-bus news release
- Efficient Drivetrains Receives Bus Production order for its EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 Systems news release
- EDI Selected by Four Major OEMS in China to Rapidly Deploy Electrified Buses news release
- EDI Announces Expansion of its EDI PowerDrive™ EV Series Solutions portfolio news release
- EDI on LinkedIn
About Efficient Drivetrains:
Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI) develops and markets a range of state-of-the-art PHEV and EV drivetrain solutions worldwide. EDI’s leading-edge hybrid-electric drivetrain systems and technologies enable OEMs to meet zero-emissions requirements while providing significant cost and efficiency advantages for parallel and series hybrid, and electric drivetrain architectures across nearly all platform classes and configurations. EDI is active in commercial automotive projects throughout North America and the APAC region. Visit www.efficientdrivetrains.com for more information.