AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kasasa®, an award-winning financial technology and marketing technology provider, announced that it has been selected as a top three finalist for the 15th annual Ethics in Business & Community (EiBC) Award.
The annual EiBC awards are sponsored by RecognizeGood, a nonprofit that provides a means for individuals, businesses and other nonprofits to illuminate selfless volunteers, charitable acts and community service throughout the greater Austin area. Awards are presented to businesses, non-profits and individuals who exemplify ethical practices both within their profession and daily endeavors.
Kasasa’s mission to support the local community is part of its four core values: Five Star Leadership, Love, Badassitude and Interdependence. The company’s culture fosters an environment that encourages employees to accomplish their goals, work as a team and address others with compassion and kindness. In 2016 alone, Kasasa and its employees volunteered time and donated money to the following local organizations:
- Donated more than $1,200 and volunteered more than 100 hours to Austin Animal Shelter and Dogs Out Loud in Austin, Texas
- Donated more than $23,000 and 45 stuffed animals to the Center for Child Protection in Austin, Texas
- Donated more than $41,000 through the Light the Night Walk to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in Austin, Texas
- Donated more than $37,000 to the Love Fund in Kansas City, Miss.
- Donated almost $400 worth of school supplies Gattis Elementary School in Round Rock, Texas
- Donated more than $1,000 to Operation Turkey in Austin, Texas
- Donated $6,000 through the Bigfoot Trail Race to Back on My Feet charity in Austin, Texas
- Supplied almost 100 children with toys and clothing through the Angel Tree Program for the Salvation Army in Travis and Williamson counties, Texas
- Hosted three blood drives for the Blood Center of Central Texas, in Austin, Texas
“We are honored to be selected as a top finalist for the Ethics in Business & Community award,” said Gabe Krajicek, CEO of Kasasa. “Kasasa strives to excel not only within the financial technology industry but also in our community and beyond. It is very humbling to work in an environment where employees aim to make a positive impact every day, and it’s my privilege to lead a group with such strong personal values. As a company, we continue to be dedicated to building up others in our community and operating in a way that promotes a more just world.”
RecognizeGood is a local non-profit that provides a means for individuals and organizations to illuminate selfless volunteers, charitable acts and community service throughout greater Austin. There are several active programs that work toward this mission from different angles, but the common theme is simple – the illumination of GOOD in our community. The mission of RecognizeGood is to elevate the spirit of community by catalyzing a movement of good deeds and unselfish charity through recognizing, rewarding and promoting good in our businesses and the communities in which they reside.
Based in Austin, Texas with 350 employees, Kasasa is a financial technology and marketing technology company committed to driving results for community financial institutions by attracting, engaging, and retaining consumers. Kasasa does this through branded retail products, world class marketing, and expert consulting. For more information, please visit www.kasasa.com, or visit them on Twitter @Kasasa, Facebook, or LinkedIn.