The Tourism Potential Index is designed to provide a standardish view of the underlying level of potential for expansion in the tourism sector across 60 major markets in both the developed and developing world. The first part of the ranking is based on the forecasted average annual growth in international arrivals. The second part of the rankings - a star rating, is based on analysis of current conditions and a risk-adjusted assessment of growth potential.
The star rating is based on four pillars, and each country is additionally separately ranked according to these; these include significance, competitiveness, attractiveness and convenience. Significance outlines how important tourism is for the country as a whole, competitiveness provides value for money in terms of pricing, general consumer goods and specific tourism services, attractiveness considers cultural, economic and other assets which draw both leisure and business travellers to the country, and convenience examines the difficulty in travelling to the country, getting in, and getting around.
- Iceland is ranked first, with a large surge in international arrivals between 2015 and 2016 and the highest forecasted average annual growth rate for 2016-2021 out of all 60 countries. Iceland is benefiting from the increased number of flights that Icelandic LCC WOW Air has added to Reykjavik.
- Chile is the highest ranked South American country. The country has witnessed fast growth in terms of international tourists in the last few years, partly due to increased airline access and improved international marketing campaigns.
Egypt has the lowest forecast of all countries, with projected growth
on 1.1% on an annual basis. Its tourism industry has struggled to
rebound since the 2011 uprising, due a string of incidents such as the
downing of Metrojet Flight 9268 in October 2015, which was
predominantly carrying tourists.
Key Topics Covered:
- Methodology Brief
- Market Forecast
- Overview Star Rating
- Country In Focus - Hungary
- Country In Focus - Mauritius
- Country In Focus - Morocco
- Country In Focus - Argentina
- Country In Focus - Switzerland
- WOW Air
- Air Arabia Maroc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3gsp57/tourism_potential