Nanotechnology and nanomaterials have an important role in all aspects of the energy and environment sectors, enabling sustainable solutions for renewable energy and environmental challenges. A number of products have been commercially developed and more are coming onto the market in:
- New generation of highly efficient solar cells.
- Fuel cells.
- Thermoelectric devices.
- Nanocomposites for stronger and lighter wind energy blades.
- Wearable energy harvesting.
- Rechargeable batteries.
- Lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles.
- Catalysts for optimizing fuel production.
- Aerogel insulation.
- Energy saving smart glass for buildings.
- LED and OLED lighting.
Nanotechnology will also impact the environmental filtration and remediation industries via:
- Safe water purification, filtration and desalination through cheap and portable nanotechnology filters.
- Air filtration for removal of domestic and outdoor air pollutants.
- Adsorbents and catalysts to remove contaminants.
Nanotechnology will also contribute to other areas of sustainability such as biodegrabable and environmentally friendly biopackaging, biocomposites, and bio-based coatings and paints with the properties of non-bio based products.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 Research Methodology
4 Nanomaterials Regulations
6 Filtration And Environmental Remediation
7 Fuel Cells And Hydrogen Storage
8 Lighting And Uvc
9 Green Packaging
13 Wind Energy
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2f5rqs/the_global_market