CAMARILLO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The sixth annual Comp Laude® Awards & Gala celebrates the positive contributions of those in the workers’ compensation industry. The event is designed to inspire others to collaborate and help improve outcomes for injured workers. The event is Oct. 30 - Nov. 1 at its new venue in San Diego, CA at the Manchester Grand Hyatt hotel.
An engaging session sponsored by Gallagher Bassett, the Comp Laude® People’s Choice Awards pursues founder of WorkCompCentral David DePaolo’s vision. He had a passion for new ideas, unconventional thinking and a desire to move people and organizations to break through barriers and bring about positive change in the industry.
After a call for submissions, seven people have been chosen to share their unique stories on Oct. 31 in a “TED Talk-style” format. The 2017 Comp Laude® People’s Choice Awards sessions and presenters are as follows:
- “Failing Forward,” by Tammy Boyd, VP of Business Development & Marketing, NeuroInternational
- “Movers & Shakers: We Need You!,” by Diann Cohen, Asst VP of Client Relations, MacroPro Inc.
- “Brains, Pains & Neuroplasticity,” by Becky Curtis, founder of Take Courage Coaching®
- “Better Together,” by Jonathan Mast, Director of Social Media, Sedgwick
- “Stepping Up: Texas After Hurricane Harvey,” Jeanette Ward, SVP Policyholder Services, Texas Mutual
- “There’s a Hero in Everyone!,” by Cari I. Miller, Director & Counsel, Governmental Affairs, Gallagher Bassett
- “Humanity in Workers Compensation,” by Marques Torbert, CEO, Ametros
Each presenter has six minutes to deliver their story. The audience will vote electronically for their favorite presenter and the winner will receive the Comp Laude® People’s Choice Award during Comp Laude® Awards Ceremony later in the day.
About Comp Laude® Awards & Gala
Inspired by David DePaolo, WorkCompCentral’s founder, who believed “the Grand Bargain is alive and well when we do the right thing!” Comp Laude® is a must-attend event for those in the industry who want to stand out by making a positive impact. The event is uniquely focused on how we as an industry can improve through intense engagement and collaboration.
Based in Camarillo, Calif., WorkCompCentral produces daily news, continuing education courses and other live events. Call 805-484-0333 or visit www.workcompcentral.com.