BERLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ADTRAN®, Inc., (NASDAQ: ADTN), a leading provider of next-generation open networking solutions, will be showcasing the industry’s most open and comprehensive suite of software-defined access (SD-Access) solutions at this month’s Broadband World Forum event in Berlin (booth E102).
“ADTRAN continues to be a leading proponent of open, SDN-controlled multi-vendor networks, launching the industry’s first open SD-Access architecture and becoming the first and only access supplier fully aligned with the Residential-CORD open reference architecture,” said Robert Conger, AVP of Cloud and Portfolio Strategy, ADTRAN. “This commitment enables service providers to graduate to a truly open, disaggregated access architecture built on data center principles.”
The following ADTRAN innovations are available to explore at its Broadband World Forum booth (E102):
10G PON Integration with Virtual Optical Line Termination Hardware
- Pioneering solution in support of the Central Office Re-architected as a Data Center (CORD) initiative.
- VOLTHA is bolstering the microservices and DevOPs models simplifying the creation of new subscriber and operational services.
SD-Access interoperability validation of ADTRAN Mosaic Cloud platform
- ADTRAN is demonstrating Mosaic in an open, multi-vendor environment, in conjunction with the CORD initiative.
- It will also be showcasing ADTRAN Mosaic Activate in action, a software-orchestration application designed to accelerate new-customer service activation and the first of several scheduled applications within the Mosaic Subscriber Solutions & Experience portfolio launched earlier this year.
NG-PON2 wavelength mobility
- Pioneering non-service impacting wavelength agility and ultra-low latency with a demonstration of its NG-PON2 solution to support 5G and other mission critical applications, while optimizing asset utilization.
Live Gigabit service Gfast
- ADTRAN continues to demonstrate innovations in the Gfast standard 212MHz and coordinated dynamic time allocation (cDTA), delivering a symmetric gigabit experience over copper.
Gigabit-to-the-Basement and Super-Vectoring
- ADTRAN will showcase its new disruptive Gfast deployment model, Gigabit-to-the-Basement, extending gigabit services to 650m (10x further) to fiber termination, to enable network operators to deliver gigabit speeds in dense urban environments 5x faster and 7x lower cost per subscriber.
- This new solution expands the ADTRAN Gfast portfolio by combining ADTRAN’s 2nd generation SDX 2200 series of 212MHz Gfast DPUs with the ADTRAN bonded Super-Vectoring (VDSL2 35b) technology, providing gigabit rates from existing cabinet infrastructure and thus extending gigabit services significantly.
In his keynote session, Ronan Kelly, CTO, EMEA & APAC regions, ADTRAN will be discussing how telecom operators can prepare for the future Gigabit society where symmetric business models and services are key, at 10:30am CET on 25th October. At 2:40pm CET on 25th October, Gary Bolton, vice president, global marketing will be giving a keynote presentation on The Platform Economy.
ADTRAN executives will also be present for the panels on:
- Is the Price Too High for Open Source;
- Will We Be Ready for 2020? Global Operators Discuss 2020 Goals;
- Examining Innovations and Leading Technologies in the FTTx Space to Deliver Broadband Access Services Efficiently and Realistically;
- Generating Revenue from Smart Home Solutions and Broadband Investments; and
- Predicting the Future of Next Generation Network Access and Outlining Fixed Access Evolution Strategies.
ADTRAN, Inc. is a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment. ADTRAN’s products enable voice, data, video and Internet communications across a variety of network infrastructures. ADTRAN solutions are currently in use by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations, and millions of individual users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.adtran.com.