The often used phrase, "just the Receptionist", completely misrepresents the role. An excellent Receptionist is a most valuable resource for any business. Reception is pivotal as a crucial first impression for new clients, consistency for existing clients and disseminating information around the company. In so many ways, the Receptionist makes a substantial contribution to maintaining service standards and working relationships with both clients and colleagues.
Reception to Perfection deals with the essential skills necessary to represent the business to the best possible effect, within the added pressures of 21st century communication.
One - day course outline
- Course objective, personal objectives
- 21st century communication issues
- Who are our customers?
- As a customer, how do you like to be treated?
- What makes people feel valued? The service equation
- Micro - moments of interaction
- The communication blend, face -to- face and on the telephone
- Non - verbal communication on the telephone
- The primitive human response and communication leaks
- Body language; voice; words
- Making the best first impression - greeting clients professionally
- Effective questioning
- How are your listening skills? Accurate listening key points
- Active listening
- Taking and leaving messages
- Recognising different styles of behaviour
- Assertive communication
- Assertive techniques
- Saying no graciously
- Dealing with challenging customer behaviour - angry, non - stop talker
- Coping strategies
- Summary, review and questions
- Personal Action Plan
This course benefits support staff who either specialise, or provide cover on Reception. It is relevant for people who are relatively new to the role as well as more experienced staff who would welcome a refresher to evaluate, consolidate and confirm their existing skill
- Enhanced understanding of the vital role of Reception
- Improved communication skills
- Increased ability to deal with different types of customers and situations
- Efficient and effective information flow within the business
- Additional confidence
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ff6kr9/reception_to