PITTSBURGH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Carnegie Learning, Inc., a leading provider of innovative research-proven math products and services, has announced a nationwide LONG + LIVE + MATH Movement to unite and galvanize the math learning community around transforming math classrooms to better prepare students for bright futures.
Only 33% of eighth graders and 25% of 12th graders in the U.S. have shown proficiency in math in recent years,1 leaving them unprepared for college and 21st century careers. The LONG + LIVE + MATH Movement aims to bring together 20,000 passionate math teachers and leaders who are already driving change in their communities to learn and grow together, support each other, and elevate the conversation around math education in America.
Key highlights of the Movement include:
- LONG + LIVE + MATH Manifesto and Pledge that gives educators the opportunity to commit to challenging themselves even further and taking actions throughout the year to spread the Movement and promote better learning for their students (available at www.longlivemath.com).
- LONG + LIVE + MATH National Institute and Meetups bringing together LONG + LIVE + MATHers from around the country to meet face-to-face, share best practices, and inspire each other.
- LONG + LIVE + MATH Game-Changer Series offering live virtual sessions and Q&As with mathematical and instructional experts on some of the most relevant and engaging topics in education.
- LONG + LIVE + MATH Blog covering all the latest news, trends, research and fun pertaining to mathematics.
- LONG + LIVE + MATH Newsletter sharing updates every month on what’s happening in the Movement and showcasing LONG + LIVE + MATHers who are bringing transformation to their world.
“Math learning today isn’t yet where it needs to be, not only in terms of scores, but in teaching students how to think, solve problems, and persevere when they face challenges,” said Barry Malkin, CEO of Carnegie Learning. “That’s the kind of big work our company is focused on, but we can’t do it ourselves—we need this community of educators to help us push past this tipping point.”
For more information on the LONG + LIVE + MATH Movement, visit www.longlivemath.com.
For more information on Carnegie Learning’s unique approach to transforming math learning, visit www.carnegielearning.com.
ABOUT CARNEGIE LEARNING, INC.
Carnegie Learning is a transformational math education company focused on delivering better math learning to all teachers and students. Through research-proven software, textbooks, and professional development and data analysis services, Carnegie Learning is helping students to succeed in math as a gateway to graduation, college, and the 21st century workforce. Carnegie Learning, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is the sole source provider of MATHia® Software for students in grades 6–12 and Mika™ Software for college students in need of developmental math support. Carnegie Learning®, MATHia®, Mika™, and LONG + LIVE + MATH™ are registered trademarks of Carnegie Learning, Inc. For more information, visit www.carnegielearning.com.
1 National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) 2015.