New technologies and the quest for new discoveries is now enabling the industry to go after the high pressure high temperature wells (HPHT) wells. Given significant reserves from sufficiently large enough reservoirs has the potential to generate a handsome new revenue stream. The number of HPHT wells is correspondingly increasing in the North Sea, the deep waters of Gulf of Mexico India, Canada and China, to name a few.
But these are costly endeavours and all due care must be taken to limit NPT. With HPHT reservoirs come greater challenges and greater risks as well. The requirements of a HPHT well differ from that of conventional wells. HPHT well practices require greater hands-on expertise as the margin for errors are slim. The consequences of any mistake can be devastating both environmentally and economically. This course aims to equip participants with a better knowledge and understanding on ways to overcome the challenges and risks in HPHT wells while elevating the effectiveness of their HPHT Operational Well Practices. Time is money in any operation. Downtime is lost money. Only with great pre-planning and a well-tuned operation with seasoned professionals can NPTbe controlled.
This course focuses on all the major aspects on HPHT well projects from inception through to completion. Its main aim is not to burden the participants with theory but enlighten them as to the best means to deal with the operational challenges of HPHT wells. The focus will be on those areas where the most significant NPT have occurred in past operations. This course will incorporate learnings from various case histories. There are also practical exercises throughout this course designed with the expressed purpose of generating lively, interactive discussions from all the participants.
This training course is tailored and customized for the Operational needs of HPHT wells practitioners all around the world. It is intended to better prepare those who are operating in HPHT environments to ensure that the planning phase captures all of the QHSE aspects, Operational risks and associated real costs.
Benefits of attending the course:
- Need To build an integrated team for the project
- Improve your understanding of Geopressure concepts
- Explore the best methods in the detection and analyses of Geopressure
- Understand the many challenges and risks in HPHT wells
- Formulate the Best Drilling Practices for HPHT wells
- Incorporate new technologies required for HPHT wells
- Design Petrophysical programmes (logging, coring, testing, sampling) to optimize well data acquisition and evaluation
- Optimize production & revenue predictions for your HPHT projects
Who Should Attend:
Geoscientists/ Engineers / Managers from any of the following business units:
- Well Technologies
- Well Services
- Product Manager - Oil & Gas
- Contractor Personnel working in the service industries involved with Drilling, Completions, Interventions and Production Operations
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rhwr87/hpht_drilling