FISHERS, Ind.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IKEA, the world’s leading home furnishings retailer, today opened the doors of its Indianapolis-area store to customers at 9 a.m. EDT in Fishers, IN. The 289,000 square-foot IKEA Fishers is located on 35 acres along the eastern side of Interstate 69, just south of the E. 116th Street exit. It is the Swedish company’s first store and restaurant destination in Indiana, 45th in the United States, and 408th worldwide. IKEA Fishers employs over 300 co-workers and features 10,000 exclusively-designed items, a 325-seat IKEA Restaurant, 50 inspirational room settings, three model home interiors, a supervised children’s play area and approximately 1,000 parking spaces with three electric vehicle charging stations. Reflecting the company’s renewable energy presence at 90% of its U.S. locations, IKEA installed one of Indiana’s largest rooftop solar arrays atop IKEA Fishers.
“We are excited to bring the unique IKEA family-friendly shopping experience and affordable home furnishings of good design to Indiana,” said Holly Davidson, store manager. “The enthusiasm of co-workers about this big day and the warm reception from the community are translating into excitement and a great shopping event for our customers.”
Before the doors opened, Davidson welcomed the community with a traditional Swedish log-sawing ceremony, bringing good luck to the new store and its guests. In addition to brief remarks by Fishers Mayor Scott Fadness and IKEA U.S. president Lars Petersson, Davidson was joined by State Representative Todd Huston, who raised the U.S. flag; Honorary Swedish Vice Consul Anna Engstrom Patel, who raised the Swedish flag; and State Senator Victoria Spartz, who raised the Indiana flag. Individual store co-workers sang the respective American and Swedish national anthems and “America the Beautiful” to accompany the flag-raisings.
Beginning with today’s opening and through Sunday, October 15, IKEA Fishers will recognize loyal, enthusiastic customers by giving away thousands of dollars in gift cards and merchandise. The first 45 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 are receiving a free EKTORP three-seat sofa, honoring our 45th U.S. store. In addition, IKEA is offering a special one day $100 discount on the EKTORP three-seat sofa in all IKEA stores nationwide and IKEA-USA.com purchases, on October 11, 2017, while supplies last. Also, all customers at IKEA stores nationwide will receive a complimentary FRAKTA bag at checkout with their purchase on October 11, 2017.
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- Take a Seat (And We Mean Take It!) – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 are receiving a free POÄNG armchair.
- For the (Truly) Young at Heart – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 are receiving a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
- Pick a Card, Any Card – The first 2,500 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 are receiving a random prize envelope with IKEA Gift Cards ranging from $10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” cinnamon bun, hotdog, or soft-serve frozen yogurt voucher.
- Happy Birthday to You and Us – The first 100 adults (18 & older) bringing proof to IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 that their birthday is the same as the store’s are receiving a gift card in the amount of $45, a tie-in corresponding to IKEA Fishers as the 45th U.S. IKEA store.
- Enter our Home, Enter to Win – From October 11 through October 15, 2017, visitors to IKEA Fishers may enter for a chance to win one of twenty $250 IKEA Gift Cards through the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program. IKEA is matching twice the amount of the prizes (a total of $10,000) with a donation of home furnishings to Dayspring Center, a local organization that meets the basic needs of homeless families seeking assistance and helps them realize their potential.
Thursday, October 12, 2017
- Sleep Like Royalty – The first 45 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on Thursday, October 12, 2017 will receive a free queen-sized HAUGESUND mattress.
- Cozy Comfort – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on Thursday, October 12, 2017 will receive a free ALINA “sleep set” that includes bedspread and cushion covers.
- Kids’ Best Friend – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Fishers on October 12, 2017 will receive a free GOSIG golden dog soft toy.
Friday, October 13, 2017
- Cook Like a Pro – The first 45 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on Friday, October 13, 2017 will receive a free 4-piece SENSUELL cookware set.
- Meatballs for a Year – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on Friday, October 13, 2017 will receive a voucher for 12 monthly meatball meals for two at IKEA Fishers’ Restaurant through next year, expiring on October 31, 2018.
- A Cold Sweet-ish Treat – The first 100 children (17 & under) in IKEA Fishers on Friday, October 13, 2017 will receive a voucher for a soft-serve frozen yogurt available that day at IKEA Fishers’ Exit Bistro.
Wednesday, October 11 - Sunday, October 15, 2017
- Play Big If You’re Little – Balloon artists, entertainment and face-painting will enhance the family-friendly fun at IKEA Fishers from October 11 through October 15, 2017.
ADDITIONAL OFFERS AT IKEA FISHERS
IKEA Fishers is a fun day out for the family with:
- Småland, a supervised children’s play area (for children 37”-54” in height) that replicates the look of a typical Swedish farmhouse and forest;
- Additional play areas throughout the store, offering activities for kids shopping with parents;
- A “Children’s IKEA” area in the Showroom that also offers fun, interactive play; and
- Attention-to-detail amenities such as family-friendly parking, strollers, and baby care rooms.
No shopping on an empty stomach at IKEA Fishers because:
- The IKEA Restaurant opens 30 minutes earlier than the store for a full hot breakfast, including scrambled eggs, potatoes, turkey sausage and Swedish pancakes for only $2.00.
- The 325-seat restaurant also offers a diverse menu featuring lunch, dinner, snacks, and dessert, including Swedish specialties such as the popular IKEA Swedish meatballs (as well as chicken or veggie versions), seafood plates, pasta, chicken, salads, sandwiches, and vegetarian dishes too.
- Menu choices for kids include a child’s portion of Swedish meatballs, chicken fingers, or macaroni and cheese, while baby food and bibs are available for even younger visitors.
- The Swedish Food Market offers Swedish delicacies, snacks and treats, and frozen Swedish meatballs (the same ones available in the Restaurant) to purchase and then prepare at home.
- The Exit Bistro serves hot dogs, pizza, cinnamon buns, frozen yogurt, sundaes, and beverages.
IKEA Fishers shopping conveniences include:
- Free design appointments with a furnishings consultant;
- IKEA catalogs, measuring tape, pencils, store maps, yellow shopping bags and 3 types of carts;
- Same-day shopping satisfaction with products in easy-to-transport flat-pack boxes that benefit the customer and the environment;
- 15 checkout lanes to ensure efficient customer purchasing;
- Warehouse picking, home-delivery, assembly, and kitchen planning and installation services; and
- 2018 IKEA Catalogs, focused on the living room, highlighting home furnishing solutions that enable people to live a better everyday life at home by helping them make room for the things they love.
With IKEA Fishers now open, there are 408 IKEA stores in 49 countries, including 45 in the U.S. Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings of good design and function at low prices so the majority of people can afford them. IKEA has been included in rankings of “Best Companies to Work For” and strives to be an employer of choice. IKEA incorporates sustainability into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more information, see IKEA-USA.com, @IKEAUSA, @IKEAUSANews, or IKEAUSA on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest.