NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Whether we call them constructive investors, engaged shareholders, collaborative stakeholders or activist investors... it's clear that investors in public companies are more frequently using their influence to express shareholder views and concerns to management.
The fourth annual, Shareholder Engagement in Canadian Companies conference, taking place November 2 in Toronto, explores how companies should be proactively evaluating their shareholder engagement programs, and positioning their board properly. We'll also examine best practices for response and collaborative engagement with influential investors.
The agenda features the most knowledgeable and well-respected participants in the market including a featured session with Paul Davis, Co-Chair, Capital Markets and M&A, McMillan and Courtenay Wolfe, Principle, Canopy Capital; Chair, Vital Alert Communication; CEO and Director, FBSciences; Co-Executive Chair, Eco Oro Minerals Corp. Mr. Davis will lead an in-depth Q&A session with Courtenay Wolfe, who successfully led two initiatives to reconstitute boards of public companies. Ms. Wolfe will share lessons learned from spearheading the 2013 Brilliant Resources Inc. and the 2017 Eco Oro Minerals Corp. proxy fights.
The agenda also features a keynote interview with W. Graeme Roustan, Chairman & CEO, Roustan Capital, Former Chairman, Performance Sports Group. Mr. Roustan has taken a meaningful position in Aeterna Zentaris, has put pressure on the Board and has called on the Board to put the company up for sale.
Other speakers include:
- Michelle Applebaum, Independent Board Director, Northwest Pipe (NWPX)
- Ali Dibadj, Partner, AllianceBernstein
- Dexter John, EVP, D.F. King Canada
- Fred Pletcher, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais
- Alfredo Porretti, VP, Investment Banking, Morgan Stanley
- Amy Borrus, Deputy Director, Council of Institutional Investors
- Aneliya Crawford, Partner, Schulte Roth & Zabel
- Seth Duppsdtadt, SVP, Proxy Insight
- Kern McPherson, Senior Director, North American Research, Glass Lewis
- Steven Seiden, President, Seiden Krieger Recruiters
- Patrice Merrin, Director, Arconic; Glencore, Kew Media Group
- Peter Clausi, CEO, CBLT
- Zachary George, Co-Founder & Portfolio Manager, FrontFour Capital
- Riyaz Lalani, CEO, Bayfield Strategy
- Naizam Kanji, Director, Office of Mergers & Acquisitions, OSC
- Penny Rice, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Shorecrest
- Philippe Tardif, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais
- Stephen Griggs, CEO, General Counsel and Secretary, Smoothwater Capital; Director, Marquee Energy
- W. Scott Leckie, Principal, Portfolio Manager, Takota Asset Management
- Ed Mullane, U.S. Editor, Activistmonitor
- Gilbert Palter, Managing Partner and CIO, EdgeStone Capital Partners
Visit http://www.arrowconevents.com/conferences/canada-2017/ for information.
About ArrowCon Events
ArrowCon Events is the conference division of ArrowCon Partners, LLC.
Our knowledge of the conference business as well as an extensive network of contacts around the world, enables us to host industry specific events focused on education and networking. Conferences hosted under the ArrowCon brand provide valuable education on the current trends surrounding the topics we cover. www.arrowconevents.com.