LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kinetica today announced at Tableau Conference 2017 the availability of innovations to the industry’s fastest GPU-accelerated database that deliver new geospatial capabilities and enterprise-grade features for better performance and user experience, as well as improved efficiency and utilization to drive real-time, location-based analytics and analytic processing.
“Kinetica’s GPU-accelerated database delivers at least 100x faster performance at 1/10th the hardware,” said Amit Vij, CEO and co-founder, Kinetica. “Those gains propel rapid innovation in data and analytics, AI, and visualizations for compute-intensive, real-time applications such as location-based analytics, customer experience, risk and fraud, supply chain and IoT.”
“Enterprises have spent the last decade deploying systems to store and manage massive data sets,” said 451 Research’s Senior Analyst, Data Platforms and Analytics, James Curtis. “Now these enterprises are looking to extract business value from those data sets at real-time speeds and at an affordable price point, which is precisely where Kinetica’s latest GPU database release takes aim.”
RS Energy Group (RSEG), the leading provider of energy intelligence and investment research, provides data services of unparalleled completeness and quality. “Through our agile, state-of-the-art technology platform called RS Prism, we are leveraging Kinetica’s new innovations to provide exceptional data integrity with an intuitive interface, enabling leading-edge organizations to transform disparate information into meaningful discoveries and confident decisions,” according to Manuj Nikhanj, CEO, RSEG.
Enterprises need business-grade solutions to deliver on strict SLAs. Kinetica’s database packs new features such as dynamic resource provisioning, enhanced process management, and improved resource utilization for a highly scalable, available, reliable and secure solution.
“The combination of NVIDIA and Kinetica’s advanced GPU-accelerated analytic solutions provide unmatched provides game-changing performance, scalability, and seamless integration for accelerated AI and BI workloads, particularly well-suited for analytics on fast-moving, location-based data,” said Jim McHugh, vice president and general manager of DGX Systems, NVIDIA.
The latest Kinetica release delivers the following new capabilities:
- Acceleration of geospatial visualizations. The new OpenGL Framework architecture for the rendering engine results in performance benefits when working with complex geometries and visualizations. In particular, polygon and line geometries with high vertex counts, scatter plots and complex graphs or charts can realize up to a 100x improvement.
Enhanced geospatial processing for location-based analytics.
Included in this release are many new functions as well as improved
user interaction with these and the associated data. Also, SQL
expression access to this set of functionality has been improved.
- Geospatial functors and data now ‘first class citizens’
- 80 geospatial functions exposed via SQL Expression (all geospatial conditional operators, geometry calculations, nearest neighbor, geometry manipulation capabilities, etc.)
- Spatial Data management functions such as clipping, geometry splits, intersections, difference calculations, etc. Spatial Joins via Expression & APIs where expressions are supported
- Greatly simplified Kinetica deployment process driven through a GUI; no config file or detailed Linux interactions required. A product manager can be operational in under 10 minutes machine time with a multi-node cluster across machines.
Enterprise-grade features such as compression, dictionary
encoding, enhanced process management, and security to improve
performance, reliability, administration and minimize costs.
- Compression and dictionary encoding to significantly reduce hardware footprint and improve performance, capacity and utilization
Enhanced process and node monitoring improves reliability and
availability for mission critical workloads.
- Simplified administration and dynamic resource provisioning to resize, add or remove nodes delivers ease of use and flexibility
- Security enhancements such as role mapping, database auditing per use per endpoint
Simplified Deployment, One-Click Cloud
For cloud environments, Kinetica delivers faster time-to-value. Public cloud offers tremendous agility, flexibility, elasticity, security and ease of use for enterprises looking to quickly get started with compute-intensive data and analytics. Kinetica’s new automated deployment options for AWS and Azure remove risk and complexity, empowering enterprises to quickly get started with an accelerated compute database.
Automated public cloud deployment options to accelerate time to
- No pre-purchase of a Kinetica license required using the metered offerings in Azure and AWS
- Bring-your-own-license automated installs for Azure and AWS
- Expanded supported platforms on AWS, Azure and GCP
The latest release of Kinetica’s in-memory, GPU-accelerated compute database is immediately available. The Kinetica 90-day Trial Edition will be available by October 31 at https://www.kinetica.com/trial/. Kinetica in Azure and AWS one-click will be available by October 31.
Visit Kinetica at Tableau Conference 2017 in Booth #115
Tweet this: .@KineticaDB turbocharges #geospatial processing and #visualizations #data17 http://bit.ly/2z1p6Fq
Headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., Kinetica is the provider of the only GPU database to combine data warehouse, advanced analytics, visualizations, and is optimized for running machine learning and deep learning models. With Kinetica, users can simultaneously ingest, explore, analyze and visualize fast-moving, complex data within milliseconds to make critical decisions and find efficiencies, lower cost, generate new revenue and improve customer experience. Customers in verticals such as financial services, retail, healthcare, utilities and public sector use Kinetica for fast OLAP, convergence of AI and BI, and geospatial analytics. Amazon, Cisco, Dell, Google, HP, IBM, Microsoft, NVIDIA and Tableau are part of the Kinetica ecosystem of cloud, hardware, server and software partners. Investors include Canvas Ventures, Citi Ventures, GreatPoint Ventures, and Meritech Capital Partners. Learn more at www.kinetica.com.