DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Top Growth Opportunities: Dairy & Soy Food in China" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
China's Dairy market is forecast to see strong continued growth through to 2021 paired with a high market value of US$50bn making it a key opportunity for dairy producers.
Contributing to this substantive growth is China's burgeoning middle class. These segments of the population are increasingly urban and are developing western-leaning tastes. For many Chinese consumers dairy products, especially milk, are seen as healthy potential sources of nutrients
Tempering this growth somewhat is Chinese sensitivity/intolerance to dairy. A significant portion of the Chinese population is lactose-intolerant or lactase-deficient, and experience adverse effects from dairy products. This could cause a preference for dairy-free products at some point but for now Chinese consumers will continue to increase their milk consumption as the middle class expands
China is one of the smaller markets in the global Dairy & Soy Food sector in terms of per capita expenditure in US dollar terms. The Chinese Dairy & Soy Food market offers fewer opportunities in terms of per capita expenditure in US dollar terms compared to Japan, Saudi Arabia, the US, and Australia.
China's rapid economic growth has pulled hundreds of millions of people out of poverty in recent decades. This rapid economic development combined with an increasingly urban population bodes well for consumer goods producers in China but especially for those producing goods associated with the West which carry premium connotations.
Overall, China's Dairy CAGR has been at 10.56% in the last five years, and this will increase in 2016-2021, while by comparison, on-trade growth will decrease slightly over the same period. This is suggestive of an increased pool of middle class consumption, but the pinch of eating out will still motivate people to stay in rather than go out for dairy and soy products. It is predicted that off-trade dairy consumption alone in 2016 will surpass total dairy and soy consumption in 2016.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introducing a top growth market for Dairy
2. Market insight - identifying the opportunities to move into
3. Retail and distribution insight - key channels and retailers driving growth
4. Company and brand insight - the competitive landscape defined
5. Consumer insight - who, what, when, where and why
6. Product and packaging insights
7. White spaces and innovation opportunities - space to move into
8. Appendix and Definitions
- Inner Mongolia Mengniu Dairy Industry Co. Ltd.
- Want Want China Holdings Ltd.
- Yili Group
- Bright Food (Group) Co. Ltd.
- Vitasoy International Holding
- Heilongjiang Wondersun Healthy Food Co. Ltd.
- Beijing Sanyuan Foods Co. Ltd.
- Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd.
- Groupe Danone S.A.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4tzbj2/top_growth