SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--issuu, a modern media company that helps creators and brands publish and distribute professional-level digital publications, today at their first-ever Generators Summit, announced the launch of Digital Sales. With Digital Sales, issuu facilitates a marketplace for publishers to sell their premium digital content through issuu, in partnership with Stripe, enabling publishers to monetize their businesses and thrive.
Digital Sales opens a new and innovative channel for publishers by giving them complete control of determining the right business model for their audience and business – from setting and adjusting pricing, providing access to specific content, single publications or offering a subscription model. Brands and creators no longer need to rely on an arbitrary payment system, which in many cases may be based on poorly understood views or likes.
“Creativity is the antidote for fear and anger on this planet. At issuu, we believe in supporting creators and helping them build business models so they can grow and thrive – it’s time for the era of the ‘starving artist’ to come to an end,” said Joe Hyrkin, CEO of issuu. “Digital Sales offers a real business model for publishers to build businesses around their content in ways they haven’t been able to before on issuu by adding a dependable revenue stream.”
"Stripe Connect underpins the Digital Sales marketplace, streamlining payments for publishers and creators," said Cristina Cordova, head of partnerships at Stripe. "We're proud to partner with issuu to create new revenue streams for publishers in the internet economy."
The key components of issuu Digital Sales include:
- Single or Subscription: Publishers can set up single-issue purchases and subscriptions of their publications in just a few clicks.
- Easy Payment & Elegant UX Design: Helps streamline payments and publishers receive immediate and fair payment directly from readers, powered by Stripe Connect.
- No Flash Required: Readers can easily browse, discover and preview beautiful for-sale and free-to-read publications on issuu’s site and mobile app on any device.
- Simple Sign Up: Digital Sales will be available as part of issuu’s Premium and Optimum publisher subscription plans.
Quotes from issuu publishers:
- “I’m so glad to now sell Sweet Paul on issuu. From the start, issuu made it easy and simple for us to go digital, and we’re glad to now have one platform to upload, distribute and sell the digital version of Sweet Paul to our loyal readers.” – Paul Lowe, editor-in-chief, Sweet Paul
- “We’re thrilled to leave our old digital subscription solution behind – the user flow is amazing on issuu, both for our setup, and for our readers’ purchase experience.” – Paul Vitale, marketing and business development director, Sweet Paul
- “Being able to sell on issuu has given NKD the resources to create more high-quality content while still giving readers what they've grown to expect from NKD: stories.” – Catherine Powell, editor-in-chief, NKD
- “Getting our issues set up for sale on issuu was so easy. Also, I love being able to track our sales in real-time in our dashboard.” – Jennifer O’Bannon, editor-in-chief, Luca Magazine
For additional information about Digital Sales, please visit:
- issuu’s website: https://issuu.com/sell-digital-magazines
- issuu’s blog: http://blog.issuu.com/post/166078265701/digital-sales-announcement
issuu is a modern media company that helps creators and brands publish and distribute professional-level digital publications around areas of passion – going deep into verticals, from fashion, lifestyle, feminism, music and much more. issuu attracts over 100 million unique visitors per month and has over 33 million publications on its platform. Every day, more than 20,000 publications are uploaded, including magazines, newspapers, portfolios, catalogs, corporate literature, DIY guides, community programs and more. issuu is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and New York City.