HANOVER, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Colt Technology Services continues to invest in its core assets in the Asia Pacific region with the deployment of Ciena’s (NYSE: CIEN) 6500 Converged Packet Optical Platform, which is capable of delivering reliable 100Gbps and 200Gbps services to meet increasing demands for bandwidth. The Asia-Pacific-wide deployment on the Colt IQ Network began in September 2017 and will support Colt’s growth across key Asia Pacific markets, including Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore, as well as help strengthen intercontinental connections into Europe.
- Colt provides high-bandwidth network and communications services for enterprises, capital markets and wholesale businesses across Europe, Asia and North America. It delivers a range of data connectivity products, voice solutions and secure network services to over 800 data centres and more than 25,000 on-net buildings.
- In Asia, Colt specializes in low latency networks and provides connectivity to all major Asia exchanges. Colt recently marked the expansion of its metro area network in Singapore as well as the start of construction of the company’s newest metro area network in Hong Kong. Once completed, Colt’s Singapore metro area network expansion is expected to offer carrier-grade connectivity of up to 100Gbps with coverage to more than 90 percent of Singapore’s enterprises. Similarly, Colt’s Hong Kong metro area network brings high-bandwidth capabilities to Hong-Kong based enterprises. SMEs and MNCs in a variety of industries will be able to connect to both domestic and global markets quickly and securely through a single provider.
- Ciena’s 6500, powered by WaveLogic Ai, will support the Colt IQ Network expansion across the Asia-Pacific region, allowing Colt to more efficiently deliver ultra-high bandwidth services and manage unpredictable traffic growth. Colt will also leverage Ciena’s Unified Management solution, which provides greater network control across domains and network layers, reducing troubleshooting and ensuring efficient use of resources.
“This investment further reinforces Colt’s commitment to the Asia
Pacific region. Many companies are looking to transform their digital
infrastructure and Colt’s high-bandwidth services are designed to meet
the ever-growing demand from enterprises for fast, secure and reliable
direct connectivity to markets around the world. Our expansions in
Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan enable the region’s businesses to power
their competitiveness and growth while future-proofing their
- Kenji Hioki, Asia CCO and Regional Executive, Colt
“Asia Pacific businesses are under increasing pressure to evolve their
networks to support web-scale applications and cloud-based services.
Leading operators like Colt are taking steps to help address this need
by deploying new innovations that allow them to not only scale their
networks, but add more programmability so that they can automatically
adjust to meet changing user demands.”
- Gary B. Smith, president and CEO, Ciena
Colt aims to be the leader in enabling customers’ digital transformation through agile and on-demand, high bandwidth solutions. The Colt IQ Network connects over 800 data centres across Europe, Asia and North America’s largest business hubs, with over 25,000 on-net buildings and growing. Colt has built its reputation on putting customers first. Customers include data intensive organisations spanning over 200 cities in nearly 30 countries. Colt is a recognised innovator and pioneer in software defined networks (SDN) and network function virtualisation (NFV). Privately owned, Colt is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price. For more information, please visit www.colt.net.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.