A smart sensor comprises a sensing element, an analog to digital converter (ADC), analog interface circuit and bus interface in a single housing. The smart sensors are built with one or numerous smart functionalities such as self-identification, self-testing, self-validation, and self-adaptation.
Smart sensors are applicable for sensing temperature, pressure, humidity, image signals, vibration, and other key parameters depending on the nature of application. Smart sensors are attractive due to their ability to provide real-time measurements of complex phenomena and they make decisions on their own leading to diagnosis and corrective measures.
Smart sensors have a very wide range of applications in sectors such as consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace and defence, industrial, healthcare, structural health monitoring and home and building automation.
Key Industries Impacted:
- Building Automation: Lighting and access control, monitoring HVAC systems, tracking machine health status, climate control systems, power monitoring, data centre monitoring, and fire safety
- Industrial Control: Asset management, process control and monitoring, environmental care, energy management, and equipment health monitoring/condition-based monitoring
- Military and Defence: Border protection, perimeter protection, battlefield information and real-time situational awareness
- Consumer Electronics: Smart television, smartphones, tablets, laptops, personal computers and peripherals
- Healthcare: Managing patients' chronic conditions, smart medical device automation, and early prediction of health problems
- Structural Health Monitoring: Aerospace structures, composites, geo-technique, mining/oil/gas exploration and production, civil engineering structures, and monuments of cultural heritage
- Automotive: Parking/reverse assist, night vision, lane departure warning, intelligent adaptive cruise control, and driver fatigue monitoring
Key Questions Answered in the Technology and Innovation Report:
- What is the technology and market dynamics of smart sensors?
- What are the key enabling technologies?
- What are the factors that influence development and adoption?
- Who are the key innovators driving developments?
- What are the opportunities based on patent and funding trends?
- What is the smart sensor adoption by region (North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific)?
- What are the applications enabled by smart sensors?
- What is the impact of applications enabled by smart sensors?
- What are some of the key interesting developments?
- Where do we see growth opportunities in smart sensor technology?
- What is the nature of competition?
- What is the impact of megatrends?
- What sort of strategies companies need to embrace to remain competitive?
- What are key questions for strategy planning?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Technology and Market Status Review
3. Factors Influencing Development and Adoption
4. Global Landscape, Innovation Ecosystem, and Key Industry Initiatives
5. Opportunity Analysis With Patent and Funding Scenario
6. Breadth of Applications and Impact Assessment
7. Strategic Insights and Recommendations
8. Key Patents and Contacts
- Analog Devices
- Samsung Electronics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vccl6m/innovations_in